Dying you will not die?

by Kagloo 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

Your Gen 2:17 and 3:4 question is very interesting. Considering I favor the Preterist view of Bible interpretation, these scriptures, if referring to the after-life, fit in well. I notice that the Serpents phraseology "not to-die you-will-die" (Gen 3:4) is not simply a repeat of Eves statement in Gen 3:3 "you-will-die" with "not" added. It is however a negative statement to Gods "to-die you-will-die" in 2:17. The "not" may refer to the entire phrase of "to-die you-will-die" or just to the "to-die-----" part, I dont know, or what difference it would make. It does seem to be an issue of losing the after-life and that physical life was going to end in returning to the dust no matter what. If so when you partook of the tree of life it was a metaphor for being in the presence or communion with God (or having life), therefore when you died physically you went to the presence of God. We lost that ability and instead went to Hades. When Christ came to earth, gave his life and started "the kingdom of the God inside of you is" (Luke 17:21) the ability to go to heaven (presence of God) or eat from the tree of life was restored (Rev:22:2). Death and Hades was thrown into the lake of fire. (Rev 20:14.) With this view the Bible is a book of redemption what Adam lost we are to gain back. If he lost the after-life then the after-life is what we gain back.

Mr Rocky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit