Knoxville, San Diego, Weymouth Landing

by Windchaser 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Windchaser.

If I get down that way I will take you up on the offer. I can recall a couple of guys I grew up in s/d.

Does the names Loyd Hartman or David busby ring a bell? Loyd is out of the org but not df'd.

I think David is still reluctantly in the org.

Thanks for your reply.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

No, outoftheorg, sorry, neither name sounds familiar to me. I spent most of my jwdom in North Park Congregation, and those are the people I am most familiar with. I was a city girl here for most of the time and was only an active witness for a couple of years after I moved out of town.

Hopefully, if you come here, we will find your friends.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Hey Windchaser you can e-mail me at [email protected] or e-mail Random Task my husband. I went to the Terrisanta Cong. formerly Allied Gardens. I have known alot of people though from the North Park Congregation. Did you ever know a Renate Dozier, Rose & David Hudson, Michelle & Darren Crawford, Jan or Russi Kobusch? We actually went to the Central Cong. Right before we left.

Edited by - Scarlet on 28 September 2002 12:34:46

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

(((((((Scarlet))))))

I'll e-mail you! Central was the first congregation I went to when I moved here in 1985. We were staying with a family (that went to Central) for a couple of weeks until we got our own place and started to go to North Park. People got to know my son, Eric, before he died and so it was the Central congregation where we had his memorial service. The family we were staying with took us out on a boat and we had a service there and scattered Eric's ashes. I heard that they moved north several years ago.

The presiding overseer's wife and the wife of the family we stayed with were very close, so they were good to us, too. Several years ago, when I was at a district convention, she came up to me with a huge plant (that had been on stage) and gave it to me. We hugged and cried. What a sweet person she was. I heard that she got cancer, too. I don't even know if she's still alive. Will tell you more in an e-mail.

Love,

Dottie

• r51785
    r51785

I was in the La Jolla Congregation. I helped build the KH on Mt. Soledad. I had a friend in the East County area (Lemon Grove or Spring Valley) named Rob Safford. He was a very bright individual with a bit of a bad attitude which made me wonder if he ever left the JW's. Anyone know him?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Scarlet;

You mentioned the name Kobush. I recall that name but can't put a face on it. This would have been in the ninteen sixties. I left San Diego area in 1972 so a lot of my memories for that time period are lost. I seem to remember them as a large family or several groups of families. We did not go to the same KH but the name was known by jw's in the area.

Outoftheorg

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

You probably know Russell Kobusch he is a man in his 80's married to a woman 20 years younger than him. He was probably with his first wife though when you knew him. His first wife died in the 60's or 70's. If you knew Russell Kobusch did you know Rodger Weaver.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Scarlet.

I recall going to a KH with a Weaver. Roger? This weaver had a daughter that married Bill Cowan? They promptly left for Belgium I think and where the need was greater. I don't recall ever seeing Bill again. He and I and others ran in the same group. We were teenagers at that time.

Outoftheorg

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Not the same one. Rodger too was a teenager in the sixties.

Edited by - Scarlet on 30 September 2002 16:47:13

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm in the SD area, but I never went to meetings out here. My husband went to one in the Del Mar area I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit