Knoxville, San Diego, Weymouth Landing

by Windchaser 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I attended halls in these areas, anybody else? E-mail me, if ya want.

• rowdy
    rowdy

i am in san diego p b what area were you in?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I am in San Diego also. Where did you attend here?

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I am also in San Diego. Where did you attend?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I attended North Park and Lake Murray.

Edited to add: Let's get together!

Edited by - windchaser on 23 September 2002 10:41:32

• Jourles
    Jourles

I was in the East County area growing up. El Cajon area and further east....a hint, we doubled up with the congo at the Lakeside hall for years until our congo built its own hall in their territory. Even that was a mess. The family who donated the land for the hall split up and the husband wanted the land back(plus zoning kept us from building there for years). I remember he wanted to take the property back and charge the congo rent. Seeing that he was df'd for hooking up with another sister in the hall, I think that was his idea of getting revenge or payback. I don't exactly remember how the whole scenario played out, but the congo was able to keep the property. I think it had something to do with his wife taking control because of his infidelity. Anyone who knew the Sh__t__dge's knows what happened.

I would be curious to see if anyone else knows some of the same people that I knew from the SD county area. Shoot me an email, it's open.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Windchaser,

If my memory is correct, wasn't the Lake Murray congo in the La Mesa area? I vaguely remember going to that hall a couple of times. Did you share their hall with another congo? I can't remember, its been almost 10 years since I lived out there.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yes, Jourles, Lake Murray/La Mesa and another congregation shared the hall. You can see it from the freeway and it's near Anthony's Restaurant. It's the same one. Looks like we live in the same area. Maybe we can all have an exjw get-together. Would any of you like to do that?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello all you San Diegons.

I lived in the El Cajon area. In what is called La Cresta or Sun Crest area in the hills east of El Cajon. Then moved to the Santee area. Left the area in 1972. Probably I am to old to have known any of you folks. Two of my boyhood friends still lived in he San Diego area. One is da'd the other is back in the borg at the threat of losing his wife if not. I now live in Idaho and haven't visited the San Diego area for over15 yrs. Have a brother and his children in that area still. As usual they do their shunning thing they do so well on me. No contacts for over 11 yrs.

Outoftheorg

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

(((((Outoftheborg))))) Well, if ya ever wanna come back to visit SD, let me know. I won't shun you, promise.

I've left this area a couple of times and always miss it. I miss it more than I ever missed MA, where I was raised. (Sorry, Jim)

Garbage Girl is from this area, too, and we have a blast when we get together. I think a little mini-exjw fest would be fun. I would really like to meet yas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit