Does god love children?

by kelsey007 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

New Fundie Bumpersticker coming your way: "My God can kick you kid's ass!"

• Windchaser
  • Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

JJRIZO wrote: "God loves everybody and people being killed in past times has no bearing in people today xcept that it was history written for a purpose which you'll have to decide why."

Was it your logic here? God killed children. Just because he supposedly doesn't do so today doesn't negate the fact that he killed innocent children in times past.

"The relationship God had with people thousands of years ago is not the same as the relationship he now has with people."

What does this matter? If Jehovah doesn't change, then he's still the same barbaric Jehovah of yesteryear. Just because our relationship is supposedly different changes nothing. He is directly responsible for the deaths of several thousands of people.

"Gods reasons for doing the things you mentioned are his only and there is nothing I can say or do about it now."

Foolish, foolish thinking. You're basically saying, "It's true 'cause it's true." Open your mind.

"Show me how God is so cruel today! People are cruel, not God! God might allow suffering but that does't make him the originator of it."

Whether or not he is the originator of it is meaningless. He allows all manner of suffering and torture to go on when he -- and possibly he alone -- has the power and authority to stop it. Yes, people are cruel, but they are only following their beloved father's example.

E, who can't believe what he read

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Wind- valid points all... I would still hate to think that there would be a valid reason for a parent or god to harm innocents for any reason.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Kelsey, some parents harm their children in awful ways (even torturing and killing them) and some honestly believe they have valid reasons to.

If Jesus was acting just like his Father while he was on earth, he surely wasn't mimicking the God of the OT, who is cruel and vindictive.

I don't claim to have the answer, but I do have faith that the one who created us all sees exactly what's going on and won't let it go on forever.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

DITTO....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit