Does god love children?

by kelsey007 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Many people claim that the God of the Bible loves children and fetuses. But what does the Bible say?

Kill both man and woman, infant and suckling... (1 Samuel 15:3)
    Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes... (Isaiah 13:6)
    Happy is he that dashes your little ones against the stones. (Psalms 137:9)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mmmmmm yes.... can't you just feel the love of Jehovah?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

yeah, jehovah loves children -

on sour rye with honey mustard.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I asked a JW about this "Love" of Jehovah. He had a strange answer... said that Jehovah's love is "perfect" and "godly/divine" love. It is us who have "imperfect" love and just don't understand his perfect love.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I was just reading jim's response and thought "How jwish!" Christians love to say that "god is the same yesterday, today and tommorow." And of course when and if the jw's revise thier blood policy they will excuse the deaths of so many innocent people by saying that god had a purpose that we just do not understand. Wait on jehovah! New light! Yes, this loving god of the bible will sacrifise millions of innocent lives to vindicate his divine name.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Jim- I am not blaming god for anything- my point is the bible and my belief that it has little if nothing to do with god.....

• JT
    JT

"Show me how God is so cruel today"

This is an interesting post in that even this poster realizes that the god of the bible was pretty cruel;

his question is like asking a black person to show them an example of the last time the KKK did an ole fashion lynching- it doesn't matter the record of the god of the bible speaks for itself-

• els
    els

If he loves childre or anyone why isn't he doing anything abou tthe horrible things that affect them that they have no power to escape. Has any one seen the news about the mother who was beating her daughter in the parking lot in Indiana?
    elsewhere, Do you look like your picture? Because that's what I see in my mind when I read your posts. els

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

First of all, I will post more info on this Thread soon.

But, for a short few comments, here we go:

I believe, from what I have read in the Bible, that all children that died (before they knew right and wrong) are with Christ in Paradise.

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

The first thing I noticed is that all the scriptures quoted before are taken from the Old Testament. That was a completely different system of things and when Jesus came he changed the way everything worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit