Does god love children?

by kelsey007 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

how about the obvious and most reasonable explaination:

the old testament is nothing but a gigantic pile of bullshit written by members of a primitive and ancient society.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

els, I have fantasies about Elsewhere's cowlick.

kelsey, I think citing a book (that you don't believe in) out of context is a crock. I also think that the jw insult to Jim was uncalled for.

Does God love children? Did Jesus, his mirror image, love children? People who believe in the Bible are Christians and are supposed to be foot-step followers of Christ. How did he treat them? Did he beat them, abuse them, ignore or mistreat them in any way?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The God of the OT (same as the NT) has the right to deal with the garbage that A&E produced the way HE AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS saw then, see fit now. Better read the NT a little closer. Your definition of God's "cruelty" is there and shall return to those God DOESN'T choose.

God has the right to kill the sperm and the egg. God has the right to kill the embryo. God has the right to kill the infant. God has the right to kill the child. God has the right to kill the man and woman.

WHY?

Because everything produced from A&E and their offspring, are defiled and corrupt by Satan. They (corrupt man) are HIS creation, and Satan's creations are AGAINST GOD and God's creation.

God forced EVERY man to be Satan's creation by a design called INHERITANCE. Sinners have no choice. You were forced to be a sinner. Like it or not.

God loves HIS children not Satan's children. If ALL men are of sin and of Satan, then God's chosen have to BE BORN AGAIN.

Being born is the choice of the CONCEIVER not the conceived, so don't think being born from God is a choice to man...it is a choice by God and a GIFT to man. God chooses which men to give the gift to. The choice of God comes BEFORE a man can accept.

Just as Satan "fertilized" A&E from good into bad with his own spirit, so God will ferilize HIS chosen by fertilization of HIS own spirit by HIS OWN CHOOSING, from bad into good.

God loves HIS children, and God knows who HIS children are just like a shepherd KNOWS HIS OWN SHEEP.

Edited by - pomegranate on 21 September 2002 8:53:11

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL @ Pom

• hurt
    hurt

Jim,
    the bible is God's word and reveals God's ways. Is it possible to understandGod's love from the record in the bible? The answer is difficult if based on the inspired word. The examples cited above, for instance, make it difficult to understand God's love. I will not now question why God did what he did with the children in the old testament, but will say it makes it difficult, from the human standpoint, and especially in our day, to understand what kind of love that is. Perhaps you may want to explain that aspect of the issue.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Actually Kids are about the cruelest things on earth. Statistically. There are children who are taught manners and values and that it isn't right to call other kids names or be cruel to others,

But statistically kids are very cruel and selfish creatures. They need to be raised to be nice people.

There are literally thousands of young people everywhere that have been traumatized by other children while trying to grow up. There are people who carry a lot of hurt and pain around with them there whole lives because of what other children consider just having fun when they are ridiculing teasing and belittling others.

One of the favorite things it seems, even still today, is throwing rocks at the kid who doesnt fit in. I see it everyday. I watch kids walk home from school everyday and hear them yelling out horrible things at usually one kid walking alone. I see them pick things up like dirt balls and rocks and throw them at the dorky kid while calling him/her names that have to be extremely hurtful. And I bet that these kids all go home to parents who would rather deny there kids are capable of such behavior then admit it. Or they just refuse to open their eyes because they dont want to see.

When I hear someone being picked on, and it is getting to borderline discusting, i'll often scare the crap out of them because they don't see me, I'm on my balcony. I'll get their attention and tell them I'm comming over to their house and tell their parents how discusting they're behaving away from home. Most of the time they will drop their mouths and run off but sometimes they will go even farther and yell out "F**K YOU! and they're only like 11 years old. The last kid that said that to me I said "Wait right there! I'm comming down!" And they took off running home. HAhahalol.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Ps 58:3
    3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
    from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Rom 3:10-18
    10 As it is written:

"There is no one righteous, not even one;
    11 there is no one who understands,
    no one who seeks God.
    12 All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one."

13 "Their throats are open graves;
    their tongues practice deceit."
    "The poison of vipers is on their lips."
    14 "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
    15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
    17 and the way of peace they do not know."
    18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

For the LOVE OF GOOD, TRUTH and RIGHTEOUSNESS, God has every right to destroy what he DEFINES AS BAD, EVIL and CORRUPT. Including those "from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies."

Children are NOT innocent. They are BORN GUILTY.

Some will NEVER believe that truth.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Will God ever intervene in mans affairs?

Didn't Jesus say so?

Is God going to bring about the mass destruction of human society as he has done in the past?

Didn't Jesus use Noah's day and Lot's day as an example for the coming finale'?

Who will survive?

Rom 9:14-17

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Isn't the truth that God will have mercy on WHOMSOEVER HE DECIDES? Isn't it HIS choice on who shall be given the gift?

What is the criteria for them to be saved?There can be none. Because if there were ANY criteria to be saved, then man is saved by works, and grace and mercy become null and void.

Are we just going to grow old and suffer all along the way?I believe until Father's allotted time is up, we shall live in a life that is both good and bad. Accentuate the positive, and minimize the negative...keep the hope. Without hope, one is hopeless.

My understanding which gives me hope.

Edited by - pomegranate on 21 September 2002 12:26:24

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

"Familys are torn apart, children are being abused in every which way and God has nothing to do with it"

Now you see my point. Maybe the problem is the book (bible)- not god, our creator however you care to define him. For most of my life I bought the jw explanaintions and since having been df'd I have asked similar questions of people of all sorts of bible based systems. IF the bible is the "word of god" how can one reconcile the love this god is claimed to have for his creation with what he has allowed to happen to his creation, according to the bible, to fulfill his need to vindicate his name? One can almost agree with the torture of some adults but the evils brought upon innocent childen??? Why would a loving god allow this? Would you, as an imperfect parent, stand by and watch without intervention as your wayward, wicked teenager was tortured? I think not. No matter how much dislike a parent has for the ways of his or her child the parent would not want harm to come to their child. And would not sit back and watch as thier child was abused- if they have the power to intervine as god does.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I had a rock thrown at me when I was about seven by the neighborhood bully. It struck me smartly on my right shoulder blade. I was discriminated against by my peers because I was born in another country. I was picked on because I was different. Yes, kids can be very, very cruel and I find that a lot of them haven't been taught the most basic of manners. It was so refreshing to watch a news short about children being taught table manners the other day. Too bad it's not the norm.

Kelsey, you mention that the Bible, and not the Creator, may be wrong. That still doesn't answer the many questions that have been brought up.

Who are we to say? God created us to have the feelings that he has. Maybe it's just difficult for us to understand that he knows more than we do. I believe that he will take care of things when he knows it's the right time. It's his ball park and he can make the rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit