"Hi Mom, this is your 'wake-up call.'

by TuningFork 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• els
    els

Three sisters, Reading your posts has made me cry. Right now I can totally empathize with all of you. I'm at the point where I don't know what is happening or how I feel. I haven't heard from my family all summer. My son joined the military and I supported him and I guess that was the last straw. They know I will never be a witness again. I thought they were going to leave it up to me whether to disassociate myself or not, but now I'm not so sure.
    All summer I have been going round and round in my feelings. I'm sad that they don't want me, I'm pissed as hell that they would actually choose that stupid religion over me. I'm heatbroken that I probably won't get to be there for them. They are both almost 80 and have health problems. In the past we have had a sporadic relationship. Usually not seeing each other much when things are going well and then being around alot when they have problems. But it is just too damn hard to turn my emotions off and on. Tuning them out when they go on about me coming back and then worrying and helping out when they have medical troubles. They both have had life threatening situations in the past year. I have been very depressed all summer. If I didn't have my husband, my daughter, and letters from my son, I don't think I would have gotten out of bed most days. I guess all I can do is hope that someday at least some of my siblings will get fed up with it and join me. Right now even the ones that are very weak witnesses aren't contacting me, and I don't know if I am strong enough to contact them. els

• sOOner
    sOOner

Sentinel and Tuning Fork"Can't WE ALL just get Along

I have just survived another close call with the winds of the Hurricane to brush the Keys.

I am stressed and am finding it hard to get out of the bed in the morning,can't sleep at night~

and want to go back to bed at a moments notice.

I have a daughter and grandchildren that DO NOT understand the change in me.

I love you both to infinity~

sOOner

P.S.

Sentinel~

Do you remember cutting off my curls behind the chair??

Tuning Fork~

Do you remember pulling me off the old cooking stove?

Those were the days my sisters,those were the days

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

sOOner,

Just read your reply. Yeal, let's all just get along. I like it better that way. We've been watching the weather channel and are glad the hurricane just "touched" your area with high winds. They are so unpredictable. Hope you can sleep well tonight.

It came after the other very heartbreaking post by els. So, you see, our experience, even as it is played out herein, is helpful to others who have similar family situations.

TuningFork and sOOner: ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

el: Your reply here was most appreciated. Thank you so much. So sorry to hear that you are suffering as well. It would not be easy to have to care for two elderly parents. This is what this connecting here is all about. We are helping each other so much by getting things up and out.

I don't like discord. I am peaceable and peaceful. I have strong opinions, but I'm open minded and try not to be judgemental. Sometimes as we grow spiritually, there is pain in that growth. Just like giving birth. We have to go through it to receive the blessings and gifts. We are receiving gifts now, and some of them are painful. Some of them we don't understand, we just have to accept. Some things don't seem like blessings or gifts at all, but we cannot see the ending yet.

Good Night All,

Sentinel/Karen

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

oops, almost forgot. It's so odd you mentioned me cutting off your beautiful curls. (jealousy) I just today mentioned that in converstion to hubby. I told him what I did, and that you were probably just about two years old and I was four--something like that. Your blond curls were all everyone talked about. I vividly remember getting moms very sharp cutting shears (where was she anyway?) and asking you if you wanted me to cut your hair. You said OK, so I took you behind the chair and did the deed. I remember the chair, I remember the part of the living room where I did it.

Mom did not even punish me, she just cried and cried. She used to keep those curls in an envelope. Wonder what happened to them?

May I apologize again for doing that to you? (Actually, mom told me years later, that I did a good job. Maybe I should have been a hairdresser. )

Are we in sinc or what?

Sentinel

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

hahahahaha!

Yeah, we in sync now. Full moon will do it everytime!

nite nite

PS sOOner, yes I remember pulling you off the stove and having to wait in the car at the emergency room while you had your butt stitched up. *S*

Love to both my sisters,

TuningFork

el - Please come back. We can talk some more. Perhaps we should start another thread though, you think?

• els
    els

TuningFork, That is so strange. My sister cut my hair when we were little. She however was not doing a good job. I know because my mother caught her and took a picture. At least I didn't have beautiful curls. I'm glad you mentioned that story, it will give me a memory of a happier time to take to bed. I'll definately be around with more to share, I'll watch for you. els.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit