ANOINTED QUESTION.

by nakedmvistar 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey IW,if you want a real laugh,get friday to show you his diagram of heaven.Yes,I`m serious,he has a diagram of heaven..Or at least he thinks so..LOL...OUTLAW

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    once enlightened brother stopped reading WTS publications, but opted to read his Bible only, that in a short time he will have gone back into the darkness that he knew before. I believe that it's beyond question that Russell's observations were extremely accurate,

So Yadirf, does this mean that you believe Russell was/is THE FDS ?

plum

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Here are a few excerpts from Rays article that you failed to call attention to, IslandWoman:

Eternal Life On Earth?

Persons who were formally of the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses frequently raise the question as to that religions teaching of eternal life on earth. Following is an answer written by the author of Commentary Press publication Crisis of Conscience:

You mentioned questions regarding life on earth. As for the manner of the resurrection and all the details, I dont see reason for dogmatism. Likewise as regards life on earth. I am perfectly happy to wait to see what the eternal destiny of people will be according to Gods disposition, [in other words, just as Yadirf suggested, that even though there was a time when I could clearly see, believed, and taught others for years on end that it is God's purpose to restore Paradise to earth, I no longer feel secure in that belief] and I feel we are wise not to pretend to be so certain that we know all there is to know on the subject.

When people write about this I usually respond that as to ones hope, I can only urge that it be tempered with a willingness to recognize that our understanding is rarely something beyond adjustment or increase. When a promise is clearly and definitely stated in Scripture, we can not only hope for its fulfillment but have conviction of it, faith in it. That is true of the hope of forgiveness of sins, of the resurrection, of the hope of life everlasting. These hopes are spelled out clearly and extensively, even repeatedly, in the Christian Scriptures.

As for hope of life on earth

, whatever argumentation may be presented, using certain isolated texts or Hebrew Scripture prophecies, I dont believe one could say that any comparable clear, definite, full presentation of such a hope is found in the Christian Scriptures. I am not arguing against ones hoping for this, but am arguing for viewing it as simply that, a hope and not something allowing for the conviction that Gods clearly stated promises permit and encourage.

God told the first human couple their destiny if they disobeyed. He did not discuss their eternal future if they obeyed.

I dont think we can safely pretend to know Gods mind in this area in a dogmatic manner, as Watch Tower publications seem to do.

I, Yadirf, had said earlier:

I remember reading recently on Ray Franz's site that he too is uncertain about the earth's future, that he's not quite sure whether or not the earth remains a part of God's purpose.

I stand by those words!

Friday

Edited by - Yadirf on 20 September 2002 16:22:48

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ray franz admits not being sure, but the mighty yadirf is sure, even though he claims not to be anointed. He claims to know heaven, even though he hasn't seen it, his god hasn't communicated w him, and it isn't his destiny. There aren't many men w powers to equal those of friday's.

SS

• heathen
    heathen

Let's see here , SS says that the humans are no different then the animals and the wt teaches that we are not born with a spirit.My question is , with this kind of reasoning how could Gods spirit bear witness to the anointeds spirit ? There would be nothing to work with in that scenario.The bible says to worship in spirit and truth, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of the heavens. YADIRF - You keep insisting that the watchtower is wrong but are still the only true religion .They would not accept you as a minister if you keep that up .

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Yadirf,

You injected your own twisted interpretation into RF's words;

[in other words, just as Yadirf suggested, that even though there was a time when I could clearly see, believed, and taught others for years on end that it is Gods purpose to restore Paradise to earth, I no longer feel secure in that belief]

Before becoming Witnesses, Catholics believed in the Trinity doctrine then they became "wiser". :)

Ray Franz has become not only wiser but has also left dogma which is not solidly supported in scripture up to the individual's conscience. As I said before, the problem is the ambiguous and contradictory statements in the Bible. He is leaving the possibility of life on earth open for individuals to decide according to their conscience as guided by God's Spirit. This Sir, is vastly preferable to other men who take it upon themselves to dictate the means and boundaries of true worship to their fellows, preferable to those who relish playing little gods!

IW

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

IslandWoman,

You are a sore loser! I clearly presented data to back up my earlier statement which you took issue with and insinuated was false--thereby proving that you don't know what the hell you're talking about-- and you refuse to admit that you were wrong. No wonder, really, seeing as to who your hero is! I COULD do the same thing with your last accusation too, but as dishonest as you are you would never admit to being wrong. So, I won't waste my words.

Edited by - Yadirf on 20 September 2002 16:47:57

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey SS,in one of fridays posts he wrote:"Satan had been privileged with the having oversight over the first man and woman.He being the covering or protecting cherub.I am of this persuasion myself"..He considers himself a protecting force of the spirit world..In another post to me,he claimed to be the WBTS..Very odd stuff..LOL...OUTLAW

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    IslandWoman,

You are a sore loser

Sorry Yadirf, I didn't know we were playing a win or lose game here. I never did like games.

IW

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Sorry Yadirf, I didn't know we were playing a win or lose game here. I never did like games. -- IslandWoman.

With your batting average I can understand why you don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit