ANOINTED QUESTION.

by nakedmvistar 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

She had me for a second...funny!

• Swan
    Swan

Busted!

This was taken from Starwars.com and I used search and replace to modify it a bit. It's amazing how close it reads to actual WTBTS dogma! Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Tammy

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

This quote is from the article that SS posted up above:

Then it must be that God has aroused that [heavenly] hope and caused it to come to life in you, for it is not a natural hope for earthly man to entertain.

But yet Ozzie believes that it IS a natural desire, right nakedmvistar? I'm glad to see that the WTS and I are in agreement here ... however, the WTS has yet to comprehend that those with the heavenly hope shouldn't be counting on remaining in heaven all their lives. How so? I address this point in another thread. Click here ---> Why are all angels in JW publications male?

Friday

Edited by - Yadirf on 20 September 2002 3:47:33

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

I'm with you, Yardirf! Your right on track.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I found this point interesting:

He is giving me a place in connection with his organization...

So receiving the Holy Spirit is synonymous with being a JW? I wonder if they told Paul - poor guy just thought he was a Christian.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Nakedmvistar: Of my 27 years of association with JWs, I professed to be Anointed for about 20 of those years. My favorite article is found in the 1952 Watchtower "Questions from Readers" that SaintSatan posted above. It is the best description to answer your question. The whole process is a PURE FICTION based on false Watchtower reasoning. There is no Biblical basis for two classes, or a heavenly and earthly hope. The Watchtower religion makes a big mystic deal out of Anointing, which is just one of many figurative ways to characterize the Christian life.

• heathen
    heathen

I thought it was if you could rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time.lol But seriously they seem to think that alot of those professing to be annointed are mentally ill, maybe that has to do with it.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Amazing,

How did you feel when you thought you were one of anointed? I ask because it seems that many think badly of these folks thinking they felt superior to others. I am sure there were those anointed that did but not all.

Is that how you felt? Did you feel superior to others or rather were you humbled by your anointed belief?

IW

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Amazing says:

There is no Biblical basis for two classes, or a heavenly and earthly hope.

Here we go again. So, Amazing thinks the same as Ozzie does -- namely, that heavenly life will replace earthly life for everyone that will gain everlasting life. What amazes me, Amazing Jim, is that you NOW consider yourself to be more enlightened than what you were prior to having left the WTS. I remember reading recently on Ray Franz's site that he too is uncertain about the earth's future, that he's not quite sure whether or not the earth remains a part of God's purpose. It's truly astonishing how FAR a person can drift from knowing basic truths once these persons -- like Ozzie, Amazing, and their hero Ray Franz -- have completely severed connections with the WTS. Seems that I recall Charles Russell having once commented about this very phenomenon, saying something to the effect that if a once enlightened brother stopped reading WTS publications, but opted to read his Bible only, that in a short time he will have gone back into the darkness that he knew before. I believe that it's beyond question that Russell's observations were extremely accurate, even as we see here right before our eyes today examples of those who have cast the Society's publications aside in favor of merely reading their Bible alone -- and LOOK at them, they NOW can't even discern the most elementary thing about the Bible ... such as the destiny of the earth and those who were born upon it.

Amazing Jim, you, Ozzie, and your hero Ray Franz took a fall ... no question about it!

Friday

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Yadirf,

From the Commentary Press site:

In the final analysis, I dont find the matter that clearly spelled out to want to be very specific on it. I do find it difficult to see why the scene of the whole drama of creation and of humanitys fall, the scene of the lives of faith and courage lived by men and women over centuries, and above all the scene of the surpassing act of love represented by Christs life and deathwhich scene is this earthly planet should be removed from existence. But that, too, is ultimately my own human reasoning.

It would seem that the really crucial thing after all is that we have the prospect of everlasting life. The where of it would seem to be of minor importance when compared to that hope of having death overcome for us personally. Similarly, as regards our enjoying reunion with loved ones through Gods power of resurrection. The reunion itself is certainly more important than its location. It would seem that recognizing that can allow us a measure of calmness in reading the Scriptures and letting them mold our thinkingwhatever the conclusions they lead to or however long it takes to reach such conclusions. As Phillips translation renders Philippians 4:4-7:

Delight yourselves in the Lord, yes, find your joy in him at all times. Have a reputation for being reasonable, and never forget the nearness of your Lord. Dont worry over anything whatever; whenever you pray tell God every detail of your needs in thankful prayer, and the peace of God, which surpasses human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and mind as they rest in Christ Jesus.

My counsel, then, to anyone bringing up the question of earthly life and a two-class system of Christians is simply that they read the Christian Scriptures with an open mind, trying not to let presuppositions influence their understandingsomething often easier said than doneand then let what they read govern their understanding. I have no interest in arguing them out of one view into another view.

(bolding mine)

I thought it best to read his words myself rather than to rely on your one-sided remembrance of them.

The fault lies with the ambiguous and contradictory statements of the Bible not Ray Franz.

IW

Edited by - IslandWoman on 20 September 2002 14:58:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit