Why does there have to be one right religion?

by kenpodragon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

IF there was a god...and if this god was bigger and better than we are.....wouldn't this god want us, as human beings to learn to get along with each other and care for each other...no matter what the differences...wouldn't we all be part of his grand vision???....if there was a god.

• Satanus
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry, i couldn't resisit posting this one. SS

• Introspection
    Introspection

I think the issue is not so much whether there is one right religion, but rather what religion is and how people approach it. To put it quite bluntly, the way most people use religion is like a guy making love to a picture of a woman as opposed to a real, actual woman. You might call it mental masturbation, actually. It's a matter of seeing what it points to, not taking it as absolute fact. Here, I'll type GOD, that spells God. Did I just summon God? It's just a representation isn't it? So are the thoughts in your head, even if you have all your mental ducks in a row.

Another way in which it might be similar is how people go from one person to the next trying to find "real love", whereas the only thing that's different is the person they're with, and what they have to do is change the way they relate. It's not always "the other", whether that other is a person or a belief system, part of it has to do with the seeker. If you're a silly wanker, then no woman or belief system is going to change that, and you probably can't have a successful relationship with any one no matter how great they are. I don't really care if people fancy themselves as logical, scientific, critical thinkers or whatever. If they use it to serve their ego rather than allow that to be integrated into their psychology, they're still silly wankers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s

one way to make serious money...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 20 September 2002 0:29:51

Edited by - OUTLAW on 20 September 2002 0:30:48

• Realist
    Realist

JT,

thank you ! but too much honor !!!

Share this

Google+