Why does there have to be one right religion?

by kenpodragon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

When it comes to cars, I tend to like Toyota's. When it comes to food, I like Chinese and Italian. When it comes to vacations, I like the mountains or tropical beaches.

So when I think about these things, I am happy that I live in a world that gives me so many options. I can do this one day, and something completely different the next. I have friends who like Fords, and Dodge ... so they buy those at the lot that sells them. When they eat, they like Mexican food, and they eat at the best Mexican food restaurants in town. So they too, get to enjoy the variety of life. Could you imagine a world that only had one car maker, one food type, and one region to vacation too. It would be hard to imagine that, as we live in a world that offers up things that fit our individual taste.

So I ask you then, why does there have to be one right religion? Why in a world that teaches variety and individual taste, would we accept that God wants things done only one way. The planet to me educates us through nature that what ever God there is out there, likes variety. Thus you have continents with different animals, plants, languages, climates and even people. All example of the universe showing us the spice of life.

When someone tells me that there is only one religion, like the Witnesses do. That there is only one God, like the Witnesses do. I think to myself, why then does that God send out such a different message in his/her creation. If God is really so boring, and so structured, wouldn't it make sense that he/she would be that way in all things?

So when I sit at night and realize my mom and sister our Christians, this other good friend is Wiccan, this other is Jewish, this other his Buddhist, and this other is Agnostic. Yet I think of them all as good people and friends. I realize, what I am seeing is what makes sense. There is no "one right religion" there is only the variety of life and religion that allows us to choose what is right for us. What brings us contentment and happiness, and the same balance and variety we see in the nature we live in.

What do you think?

Just my thought

• devils_chiefadvocate
    devils_chiefadvocate

I agree with you dragon....I have friends from several differant beliefs..we dont knock the others religion we do have debates but its all because of curiousity and interest.

So I ask you then, why does there have to be one right religion? Why in a world that teaches variety and individual taste, would we accept that God wants things done only one way. The planet to me educates us through nature that what ever God there is out there, likes variety. Thus you have continents with different animals, plants, languages, climates and even people. All example of the universe showing us the spice of life.
    I have never thought of it that way but that is great way to look at things..
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmm well 2+2=4 and thats it. We might want it to be 3 but its not, it can only be 4. What we like and what we want doesnt make it 'correct'. Ok, im done playing devil's advocate......

• Francois
    Francois

I personally think it gets back to the old tribal fighting about "My God can beat up your God." Remember the "test" between the priests of Baal (who couldn't get a pile of wet wood to ignite), and the priests of Jehovah (who were roasting weenies in no time at all)?

Then, there's that wonderful scripture about there being one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. This scripture is misunderstood more by the WT than it is by any other cult.

They do not realize the true meaning of those words. Indeed, they are the blind leading the blind.

I'm truly thankful that now I can see. But I had to pull the lumber yard of the WTBTS out of my eyes before I could see anything.

francois

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Well, burst my bubble! I thought all roads lead to Rome.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"One way, one truth, one light.." "Is it how you wish to serve God, or is it how God wants you to serve him?"

I only offer these as typical JW responses to your question. Personally, I wish God was a little more specific in this area..........

• Realist
    Realist

a) all religions are wrong.

b) there is no God who would care in what we believe.

c) religions are full of nonsense. so if a believer accepts that other religions might be right in some aspects than he admits inevitably that his idiotic believes are at least somewhat wrong. hence he admits that the whole bogus believesystem of his is nothing but nonsense --> all other religions have to be wrong otherwise it doesn't make sense to believe in my own one.

• heathen
    heathen

It's not just the JW that believe they have the undisputed truth .Let's take a look at the catholic church convert or die policy back in the dark ages.Personally I would have to say the bible does warn against false prophets and christs .I would have to say that the belief in a religion to be based in the only truth available comes from the scriptures themselves.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So zookeepers can make out that they're shepherds - they read some literature on shepherds getting better wages.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

What is interesting about my point, is that despite how you answer ... it proves it. If you answer with scripture of JW BS, it shows you found what makes you happy ... if you agree, it shows you found what makes you happy ... and if you joke, it shows you are happy. Whether or not you accept that all religion is okay for some people, does not change that fact that it is. Thus, acceptance in the future to me, will not be based on culture and religion ... acceptance will be based on just that, accepting that everyone has the right to do what makes them happy and we can not dictate our reasons for happiness to them and expect them to follow.

Just my thought

Dragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit