Feeling depressed

by truthseeker1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hey honey,

I know it is hard to be in a big house all by yourself. I find myself home alone alot lately, and it is depressing. From the conversations we have had and what you have told me about your wife--I know you made the right decision is leaving. You know my # if you need to talk, hey I may even let you have a word in edge wise---LOL. No seriously, if you need me I am here.

Love ya,

Jes

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

time will heal

she could have some similiar feelings.

If you have a sad thought try to replace it with a good one.

take care, because we care.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear Thruthseeker,

I'am sorry for what happened to you and to your wife.

My prayers are with you.

ISAIAH: 55:6: " Search for Jehovah, you people ,while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near."

Christian Love.

AwakenedAndFree

• Introspection
    Introspection

If it happens all of the sudden there may be another factor, perhaps a chemical/organic one. This may or may not be the case for you, but it's good to be aware of this. Most people seem to think of biochemical balance to be a matter of pharmaceutical regulation, but I know in the past when I was depressed I've been able to identify certain things I ingested, or simply blood sugar level and things like that if I stopped and asked "what the hell made this happen?" This is not to say there aren't issues that you may have to face, but if you are down chemically/metabolically you may simply feel it more strongly. It is possible to feel lousy and not have it affect your thinking, atleast not to the degree where it incapacitates you and blinds you to what's going on in your body.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Oh, and of course once you recognize what might be contributing to the feeling, it only makes sense to do something to offset that. It helps to be sensitive to and take care of your physical health.

• ugg
    ugg

hugs,,,,,and more hugs.......to help you feel better....hang in there

• Redman
    Redman

Sorry to see you depressed. I'm a clinicly depressed person and have to deal with it with medication. Keeping yourself busy
    also helps. Look at where you want to go with life as well. Maybe you need to find a direction in which you can start going,
    one little step at a time. A goal you can aim at helps. Remember life isn't to be wasted waiting for an "end of the system of things".
    That's probably the worst they could have taught any of us.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Truthseeker,

I'm sorry you feel that way. If you were not happy in your marriage you did the right thing. I speak from experience. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself and get to know yourself better. Don't rush into a serious relationship at this point. You need to be happy with yourself first before you could share your heart with anybody else. This is the time to explore things in life that really matter to you and only you...maybe be a little selfish, it's called taking care and nurturing yourself. It takes time...something I wish I would have given myself. Hang in there!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

This is all great guys. I don't think I'm clinically depressed, I'm usually pretty ok. Just hit a rough spot.

I just wanted to point out that is is something UPBUILDING. I was always told you evil apostates didn't do anything upbuilding, only trying to tear people away from the WT. This is proof of quite the opposite. I appreciate all teh comments and concerns. I do just need to get out of the house, meet some people, start going to the gym. I think i'll be ok, and if not, I do computer support for the mental health dept for my county, so I have lots of clinicians who can help me out

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

(((((Truthseeker))))

You're not alone. I think everyone goes through their "what if" moments, even on a daily basis. It's painful to live in the past, so I hope eventually your pain will fade. But until then you have all of us! We'll be here for ya!

By the by, my e-mail is in my profile if you ever want to chat. Or if you just want to hook up for some Apostate-lovin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit