• dsgal
    dsgal

MICHAEL JACKSON

• dsgal
    dsgal

MICHAEL JACKSON

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HUMMMMM my fav. witness just had to be ME of course in all honesty....

• minimus
    minimus

Now----Ray Franz......Before ---Fred Franz. I was always under the impression Fred was a humble scholar who was the real brains of the Watchtower. Now, I know better.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Her name was Linda, she was the best example for a true witness. she'd be there for anybody, one time I had to go to the hospital for a biopsy and she was at my house 5:30 AM to watch my boys, she brought her lunch and was ready to stay as long as possible. Her husband is a nonbeliever, but a great guy, they moved away this year and I fell away. The elders had called her and asked if she would talk to me when I wrote my DA letter, everything she said was sorta preprogrammed. you could say she was sister YES.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

It would have to be my Uncle Jim. He became a witness at the young age of 13. He was always very studious, serious and quiet. I always admired him. He had so much patience it was scary. In our abusive household, he was like a calm sea. I don't think in the years I've known him, I ever heard him raise his voice. He's now about 60, (but in a Sean Connery sort of way.) He always had this deep voice and taught himself to read and speak Hebrew, German, and Russian. I loved to listen to him give a talk.

In 1973 at an International assembly in Atlanta he told us he was anointed. I was not surprised. Believing as I did then that that was the highest honor one could ever hope for. Later, when I was disassociated, he still treated me with love. He even gave me books to read on dreams. He was very into sci-fi, outer space, and had some strange theories about black holes, etc. My mom forbade me to correspond with him, which I ignored. Even though I am very much against the religion now, he still emails me all the time. Answering any questions I might have. He's never shunned me or made me feel like he wouldn't love me if I wasn't a "witness", as my mother has done.

The rest of them were jerks! Self-righteous....smug....fanatical.....need I go on?

Love....

April

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I would have to say *all* the members of the Kearney, Nebraska congregation. That was the most loving, kind, and compassionate kingdom hall I had ever been to. My relative was a member there, and I would go and stay with her during the summers of my childhood. Those brothers and sisters all truly loved each other, and were there for each other during the really hard times. Lots of times they would drop whatever they were doing to help a brother or sister in an emergency.

Of course, it was a small rural congregation, but I never detected hostility, backbiting, gossip or ruthless intervention. All the brothers there were humble and truly seeking the best for each congregation member (even though there were only 30 or so). It was a big difference from the city congregation I was from. They had lots of get togethers (almost every weekend) where every member of the hall was invited, old, young, rich, and poor alike. It's so different now... When my relative died two years ago, very few showed up for her funeral because most of them had died.

I also do remember a few in my City congregation I went to.. mostly older ones, who were so wonderful. Of course, I love old people. They are great. One in particular: an older lady whose son lived with her. She was always so kind to me, and I often sat with her during meetings to get away from having to babysit four younger brothers during the meeting. I think she truly understand how overwhelmed I was with family responsibilities at 9 years old, so she would ask my Mother if I could sit with her. She would give me candy during the meeting, and a pad and paper to draw with. She knew....

Country Girl

• freeman
    freeman

My favorite was/is Ray Franz. Met him years ago at Bethel, ate lunch with him as I recall. This was long ago, when I was new. When I told people I had lunch with brother Franz, they made a real big deal over it like he was some type of rock star. they wanted to know all about him. When they came to understand it was Ray Franz, and not his uncle, they sighed and walked away.

I remember it made me feel kind of creepy like I did something wrong. They were evidently disappointed in me for having lunch with the wrong (read unimportant) Franz. Oh the love among the brothers; creeps! I have not seen him in all these years since but I respect him even more now and I wish him well.

Freeman

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Brother Lee. He was a pioneer for as long as I knew him and for decades before that.

He always carried the same brown, worn bookbag and wore the same shiny, navy blue suit.

He was out in field service in the rain, in the snow, in the buring heat of summer.

He never missed a meeting. He came if he was sick, if his wife was sick, he came with injuries, with terribly swollen ankels, in fact, nothing would keep him from the meetings. He was usally the first one there and the last one the leave.

Brother Lee was appointed a Ministerial Servant but he was never appointed an elder. He was the kind of Ministerial Servant that they used for mikes and chores and menial duties. He did not conduct a book study nor was he assigned parts on the service meeting and he never gave talks other than those in the Ministry School.

Many people questioned this. Why were so many younger men being appointed elder when poor Brother Lee, who spent so many hours in field service and had been baptized for so long, not appointed an elder?

Brother Lee knew his Bible backwards and forwards and also gave many (perhaps too many?) comments at the meetings.

However, Brother Lee, had a good heart and would do absolutely anything for the brothers. Anything, even loan money. Brother Lee was taken advantage of many times and because he was so old and never became an elder so he did not garner the respect of many of he brothers.

I think the reason that he never became an elder was because he was a little silly. He told jokes and laughed at them himself. Loudly. He had boring gatherings and though he was a first class elder "ass kisser" for want of a better word, the elders found him annoying.

I loved Brother Lee. He died recently and I went to his funeral which, thankfully, was held at a funeral home.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

An ancient anointed named Dorothy from Knoxville, TN. I loved going out in service with her, she knew the names of every plant and flower. She was very humble and kind. She must be dead by now, but she was what I thought a jw should be like. She was unique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit