DNA and the Lemba and other Africans

by sableindian 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sableindian
    sableindian

Funky D,

Wow,

like I said, Africa does not have typical hair. But there is a uniquness when it come to the clustered or textured hair. If your hair is curly or wavy. More than likely you have African ancestry. Because without that ingredient, the pores of your scalp would be round.

Also Black's hair does flow. Have you not seen the Masai? Black women and men with braids and locks. left in their texture flow. I am one of the ones who can testify to that. And I am just one of millions.

Wow, I am amazed at your single mindedness. If I do not know something about someone, I will ask. I understand that you are going by your "observation". Which I can see is very limited. Do you know any Native Americans? Just curious. I wonder what you think about the Native Americans from your observation.

Wow,

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

Yes, but the DNA was taken from 'Negroid' (a distinction that is obsolete) Africans. You are free to take a look at the Lemba. Also, since you have seen the commentary and read the article, my original question is still valid. What does the Watchtower say about it or are they just ignoring this issue. Have you seen the bas relief from Assyria?

Shalom,

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

Hi, Dutchie,

There are dark skinned people with Blond hair. Africa has had a great diaspora for many years. As the scientist let us know. One of the places besides Africa where you are able to see natural blonds of African descent is the Solomon Islands. And also Australia. Where Africans were sent from England to be colonized. (dumped off. LOL)

. Shalom,

Q

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

So black jews and white jews are all jews from the same place yet look nothing like each other? Or maybe we had west side tribes and the east side tribes and they didnt get along so they stopped talking to each other and thus over a couple of thousand years their pigments changed? In reality it doesnt matter. Faith is color blind. But where did all the black Jews go? And where did all the white jews come from? I would think that maybe the white jews immigrated from the north after the black jews split and thus claimed to be the new jews. You dont see very many black jews in Isreal. But then again, isreal was formed from all the European Jews. So maybe thats the reason. Either way its interesting. I would think that the 'original' Jews were more of a tan (middle-eastern) color. The majority of the nationalities around Isreal are tan. Even the Egyptians.

Just my $.02 even though I hated anthropology in college.

crazy151drinker of the Butt White class.

• sableindian
    sableindian

Sixofnine,

How did she describe herself? Not how did her boyfriend mack to her. Or have you ever been macked to? Come on...roll your eyes.

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

Shalom Alechem,

Everybody, please have a blessed day,

I have to run to the doctor's. (Oy, the age thingy)

Here is one last thing before I sign off. This has been a real fun thing. Please continue with the insight. That includes Funky D and Lisa.

Has any one seen the bas relief, read the historical discriptions of Tacitus and Herodotus concerning Jews, Egyptians and Ethiopians? The Watchtower people have. And yet they are silent. Also, I reiterate, in their OWN publications are depictions of dark ancient people when taken from the ancients themselves. But when drawn by moderns, we see the depiction of people who look quite different. Are you aware that the term, "Middlle East" is a modern term totally non-existant in ancient times?

Okay, I confess... I am a history buff.

Love you all,

Q

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

sable, your claims are getting increasingly bizarre and incomprehensible. The Shulamite maiden must have been black because she talks "the way Black Folk talk to each other"? Are you serious?

Rather than simply choosing to believe something, why don't you check the source:

In Song of Solomon 1:6 the Shulamite maiden says: "Do not stare at me because I am dark". Not black, dark, (some translation use "swarthy") seemingly something she is embarrassed about. And why is she dark? Because she was born that way? No, "for the sun has burned my skin". What makes you think she was black?

I would like to respond to Funky Derek. Africa is an extremely large continent. Before the European of the 15th century entered, Africa ran the gamut in hair color, hair texture, eye color and skin color. Africa is a continent of variety extraordinaire. They have the greatest number of natural red heads in the world. Africans call them 'copper heads'. The eyes go from blue to honey brown to coffee brown. The skin can be cream colored, yellow, tan, brown, and black and smooth as satin among the stars.

So am I to take from this that when you said "black" you meant African? (You seem to have been using the words almost interchangeably). If you're saying that people with red hair, blue eyes and cream colored skin can be called black, then what's your point exactly?

Edited by - funkyderek on 19 September 2002 12:37:17

• sableindian
    sableindian

Hi FD,

I come in peace. Shalom,

sable, your claims are getting increasingly bizarre and incomprehensible. The Shulamite maiden must have been black because she talks "the way Black Folk talk to each other"? Are you serious?

I would never claim the Shulamite must have been Black because she talks "the way Black Folk talk to each other" because I was referring to the scriptures you quoted. One in Song of Solomon chapter 4 and the other in chapter 7. Both scriptures are words used, NOT by the Shulamite, but by others. So whether I am serious about that or not because that is moot.

In Song of Solomon 1:6 the Shulamite maiden says: "Do not stare at me because I am dark". Not black, dark, (some translation use "swarthy") seemingly something she is embarrassed about.

Mind if I use my Tanakh?

The word you are referring to as 'dark' is shacor, (Shakyr, shakyra) (yep as in Tupac) LOL

The word for dark in Hebrew is keheh'.

Shacor means black. Now, of course, she could have used the word, keheh. Maybe she did not know how to say keheh. It is such a hard word. And, after all, she is a woman. So maybe men will have to explain what she REALLY meant. After all, is that not what you are doing?

I have no problem with her if she says "keheh". So be it.

But she said shacor.

In Ancient times, the land of Ophir, Epher, Africa was even larger than it has been chopped up to be now.

My issue is that I never see Blacks in the books of Jehovah's witnesses in ancient times unless they are Ethiopian. I think I saw one Egyptian.

Are you aware of what the name in Egyptian, Phinehas, or Phineas means?? Or Cushi?

Oh, yes, just ask Black people....they will tell you they get Black from the sun. If you hear the conversation, how many whites say, "Wow, you must have been in the sun, you are Black as night". I live around people of color who talk in terms of their skin color all the time. Whether it is that they are Black from the sun. (I'm talking about very dark skinned people) or pale from lack of the sun.

Her comments were to those who were admiring her for her beauty. (her skin color) And THE WHOLE BOOK is to prove that it is NOT her skin that makes her beautiful. It is of little consequence. But the love that she has for her shepherd boyfriend, her loyalty, her firmness...those INVISIBLE qualities, that make her beautiful.

Shalom

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

The Bas relief is featured in a booklet called"A Book for all People". I have an enlarged photo and other bibleography if interested in me putting it online. I am also looking for any Watchtower articles that mention Blacks in the concentration camps of Europe.

• sableindian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit