DNA and the Lemba and other Africans

by sableindian 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sableindian
    sableindian

Have Jehovah's Witnesses said anything about the fact that Africans are Jews. Something that has been known for years, yet Jehovah's Witnesses' pictures in their books never depict this. Except once when they had the pictures of the bas relief in Assyria. But they scaled it down so eeny teeny weeny itty bitty, that no one could tell what the Jews looked like. (The Bas relief is no secret, you can probably find it online, etc.) Besides the fact that the Shulammite tells us she is Black...who else gets Black from the sun, except..??

And I remember a talk where the man said that the Ethiopians were proselytes or just some fake Jews. (Can't remember the exact words) And his argument was because the European Jews did not recognize them....Well, now they do. And they are also draping down on the Lemba and the others in and near south Africa. So, wuzzup with that?

I always thought that Jehovah's Witnesses were innocently believing all this racial ethnic fallacy through ignorance and I wonder has anyone else asked these questions? Or are they so complacant that they want to believe those fairy tales in the face of reality.

Oh, yes, another thing, in their books (large green, like an encyclopedia) There are depictions of Assyrians, Babylonians, Edomites and Egyptians with very dark skin. Drawn by those of that ancient day. But the modern drawings are of very light skinned people with straight or wavy hair. (The ancient drawings have the hair bushy, locked or clustered)

I get a little touchy about this because I am of Hebrew descent. I know many were sold into slavery along with Christians and Muslims but we only hear of the animists. Also, where is any mention of Blacks in the concentration camp tales of Jehovah's Witnesses. Blacks being the group with the highest ratio of anihilation. Yet, in their observations, they mention Jehovah's Witnesses. The good, bad and the ugly.

Just curious.

Edited by - sableindian on 18 September 2002 0:30:57

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Have Jehovah's Witnesses said anything about the fact that Africans are Jews

All Africans? Some Africans? Just a handful? Have you got more information on this please?

Besides the fact that the Shulammite tells us she is Black...who else gets Black from the sun, except..??

White people. Black people are born black, they don't get black from the sun. Song of Solomon 1:6 says: "Do not stare at me because I am dark, for the sun has burned my skin" Fair-skinned people are much more likely to burn than dark-skinned people. She seems embarrassed to be dark-skinned, as if it is unusual.
    4:1 says: "Your hair is like a flock of female goats flowing down from Mount Gilead." That doesn't sound typical of African hair.
    7:4:"Your neck is like a tower made of ivory. Your eyes are the pools in Heshbon" That suggests pale skin and blue eyes

• SYN
    SYN

Well, FunkyDerek pretty much covered all of my questions, so please answer him!

Have you read some of the old Awakes and Golden Ages? Go to the Quotes site linked at the bottom of this page and look for a link called "Racism", and your eyes will be opened. Enjoy.

• jozb5
    jozb5

Uh funkyderek I'm not trying to take offense here but what is typical "Black hair"? Since by looking at your pic you seem to be the expert on this subject.

Josie (Black woman with typical balck hair - whatever that means)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Uh funkyderek I'm not trying to take offense here but what is typical "Black hair"?

Typical African hair is black, thick and tightly curled. It doesn't "flow" easily without treatment. Please don't take offense at that. It's an observation, not a perjorative statement.

Since by looking at your pic you seem to be the expert on this subject

Not sure what you mean by that. I have slightly wavy hair, although I'm not sure how much you can tell from that photo, or why it's relevant.

• jozb5
    jozb5

I ask that question because I think you don't know what you are talking about and there are many different types of black hair depending on what part of Africa or the world the black person is from. So your statement or observation is a pretty limited one even though you seem think you're an expert on "black hair".

Josie

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have read a lot about the DNA testing on many Africans, who claim to be Jewish. There was a feature on it on 60 Minutes this year, in the U.S. The experts have taken DNA samples from Cohen families in Brooklyn, and other places, and compared them with the Africans who have a similar name to Cohen, who claim Jewish heritage. They match. There are also old, old, old, graveyards in South Africa, with Star of David on the graves for black Africans. (I make the distinction, because there are lots of Africans who aren't Negroid)

• LDH
    LDH

Y'all leave FD alone. He's got a love jones for black chicks, I just know it. LOL.

ANYHOW. Yes I have been to Africa and I have seen black Africans with BLOND hair and BLUE or GREEN eyes. I saw it with my own eyes, and I might not have believed it before I did see it personally, because I was only exposed to the media depiction of black Africans.

White people are not the only ones with a lock on light hair and eyes. DUH.

All black Africans don't chant UGGA BUGGA and pierce their noses with bones. The Egyptians were the finest mathematicians the world has ever known. They are depicted with straight hair. And, they are AFRICANS believe it or not. Check a map.

I saw the same program Mulan did, and the DNA results were indisputable evidence that these people, the Lemba, are Jews.

FD, I've also been to Israel and let me tell you, don't nobody's hair kink like a Jew's. LOL @ Derek's word "treatment" as thought black hair has some type of illness. LOL.

Derek, I have one child with string straight, 'white' hair (white heritage) and one child with tightly curled 'black' hair (black heritage) and I love them equally.

As for what's with the new "light skin-ted blacks" the WT uses? They are just following the current fad. Everybody wants Vannessa Williams and Rick Fox.

Perhaps the WT needs reminded that their donations also come from blacks such as Venus and Serena Williams, LOL.

Lisa

Laughing Now Class

• jozb5
    jozb5

LOL! Thank you ladies, I couldn't have said it any better.

Josie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

OK, my point was simply that someone who's described has being susceptible to sunburn, having skin like ivory, eyes like pools and long flowing hair is probably not "black". Yes, I'm aware that there are black people with straight hair, blond hair, green eyes, blue eyes, and white skin.

My mistake was assuming that when sableindian mentioned blacks, specifically Ethiopians and the Lemba (from Zimbabwe) that she was talking about people with - for want of a better word - negroid features. She mentioned dark skin and "bushy, locked or clustered" hair. If what she actually meant when she said that the Shulamite maiden was black was that Semitic people should be included in the definition of "black", that's arguable, although there are obviously huge problems with racial classification in the first place, and I don't see what such a redefinition would acheive.

I thought the point of sableindian's post was to make the claim that Biblical Jews were dark skinned with negroid features. Was I wrong?

LOL @ Derek's word "treatment" as thought black hair has some type of illness. LOL

Lisa, my use of the word treatment was not intended in a pejorative way. Just as treatment is needed to change the colour of hair, it's also needed to make curly hair straight or vice versa. There's probably a better word, although I can't think of one right now. As usual, no offense intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit