As usual, no offense intended

LOL, Derek,none taken (as usual.)

I'm one of your biggest fans, anyway.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

PS Derek,

you asked:

I thought the point of sableindian's post was to make the claim that Biblical Jews were dark skinned with negroid features. Was I wrong?

I'm not sure if that was her point or not. But I have seen light-skin-ted Jews and Jews who were negroid in appearance.

Also, black people can and do get much darker in the sun, so although they heave a level of protectionfrom melanin, they can burn too.

Ethiopians and Somalisare known for their 'caucausian' features. Think of Iman, the supermodel who married David Bowie. Although she doesn't fit the American stereotype of 'black' (thick lips, wide nose, etc) she *is* a black African.

The Lemba I saw on the show did have 'negroid features' for lack of a better word.

Just goes to show, no race has only one 'look,' I guess.

Lisa

• crownboy
    crownboy

Jeez Derek, a simple comment can get you in trouble for nothing, huh?

I agree with Derek on the point about that Shulamite chick not being "black" (and you know what black I mean ). I used to think the same thing before I read the book, and I came across the same passages that Derek talked about. But then again, I used to believe the bible was true before I read it .

Interesting point on the Jewish/ Africa connection. I know there have been Jews in Ethopia for a while, was that African tribe from there? LDH, the Jewish hair comment is true too.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Lisa,

I have been to Africa and I have seen black Africans with BLOND hair and BLUE or GREEN eyes.

Did these Africans have black skin?

• LDH
    LDH

Dutchie,

YES. And you can pick your mouth up off the floor, just like I had to do, LOL. They have even been depicted in National Geographic Magazine.

Lisa

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I agree with Derek on the point about that Shulamite chick not being "black"

I don't know, she was described as a "lovable hind" wasn't she?

or am I confusing my bible stories?

• sableindian
    sableindian

Except, here we are as Black as night. And Jewish as the day is long. And been that way for ages. An ivory tower is priceless and the pools of Hebron are beautiful. Yet she does not speak of herself in elaborate terms of love. That is the way Black Folk talk to each other.They use terms. "You are fine as the day is long." That's just the way WE talk. And, yes, extremely dark people get even darker from the sun. Take a loving look at us. We are beautiful people, just as all the onlookers observed about the Shulammite.

• sableindian
    sableindian

Please show me a White person who becomes Black from the sun. We have plenty in what is recently called the 'Middle East' today and they are not Black yet. How long does it take? Just curious. And open minded.

Also, if you are truly interested in Jews of Africa. Search engine, DNA African Jews. Lemba (I'll get back to you on other nations of Jews) There is a site that is very informative. It is run by White, Black and Asian Jews in colaboration for knowledge. I believe they are called Aframjews. And just like the holocaust exhibits, they put on the exhibits of Jews around the world.

I know there is extreme prejudice around the world. That is why I am not asking for opinions, but for information from the articles of Jehovahs Witnesses.

Shalom Alechem,

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

Thank you. So far you are the most informative. I will be doing that research and will get back to the tier.

Shalom,

Q

• sableindian
    sableindian

I would like to respond to Funky Derek. Africa is an extremely large continent. Before the European of the 15th century entered, Africa ran the gamut in hair color, hair texture, eye color and skin color. Africa is a continent of variety extraordinaire. They have the greatest number of natural red heads in the world. Africans call them 'copper heads'. The eyes go from blue to honey brown to coffee brown. The skin can be cream colored, yellow, tan, brown, and black and smooth as satin among the stars.

I see you are from Ireland. Irish Americans are a lot of fun. My best friend is Irish American. And when we get together...look out. I am in my 50s and she is in her 40s. We are 2 wild and crazy...gals.

Shalom,

Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit