by jgnat 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• bebu
    bebu
    But I promise I will keep writing.

Thank you!

bebu

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

What a story to read. It's so great to have you here!

• bsmart
    bsmart

Its time for another update! I would need hours to find out through 7 years of posts.. please.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Interesting story! Thank you!

• humbled
    humbled

I read the whole post.

Unforgettable. Clearly spoken.

I admire you unvarnished description of help from a power higher.

I respect your naming your salvation as something other than the evangelical definition yet knowing Jesus saved you.

That is staying true.

Mental illness in a family sets you apart, it is hard for others to understand the shifting emotional weights in one's family life as you try to deal rightly with their needs and your own need to stay sane.

All the best JGnat.

Maeve

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks for bumping this thread...what an interesting read jgnat.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lessee.

Hubby and I moved to a remote community. Nature rules here, and she is beautiful. I didn't intend to take him away from the Witnesses truly, but it has happened anyways. There is a local Kingdom Hall - I checked on the internet - it has a working phone and everything - but it is for sale. Discreetly. There were a couple families in town who were Witnesses, but they have moved away. That leaves my bereft husband and one cranky Witness lady, also "unequally yoked". Two Witnesses in a town of 6,000.

Intrepid Pioneers take the four hour round trip for field service once in a while, but for some reason they don't call on hubby. I suspect they've got a good deal going on here. Four hour round trip, a stop at the local coffee shop, maybe a return visit or a bit of prison ministry, and back home. Burn those hours, baby!

As Blondie so charmingly described, we have become "submarine Witnesses", popping up for the Memorial and the assemblies. Hubby doesn't pay too much attention to what district he is in these days. We go to the assembly that is most convenient. I have reconnected with a girlfriend from my past; they have a beautiful acreage in the area. Her husband is an elder in their church, and she runs the music ministry. They embraced us both in their home so hubby unwittingly is marinating in Christian warmth, while he suits up for the cold assemblies at the local Palace. He's such a funny dude.

I have found it is one thing to take the man out of the Witneses, but a whole entire other thing to take the Witnesses out of the man. Thanks to Steve Hassan however, I know how to "snap" him back to his natural self most of the time.

For fun I attended all the churches in town and took notes on their service, curb appeal and so on. I haven't got around to fleshing out the notes and posting them. http://www.ship-of-fools.com/mystery/index.html I ended up at a church very similar to ones I have attended in the past, with a little less of the holy rolling. I do love to sing, and I enjoy the community.

I did a plein air oil painting of Mount Russell this week that I am inordinately proud of. The painting just flowed, and throughout I remained in a state of joy that Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi speaks of. This has happened only a few times as I paint and I treasure them.

Though my son is still paranoid and haunted by grim voices, he has been off street drugs for several years. He has a girlfriend. I couldn't be prouder.

I am a skyping grandma, and I am delighted at the growth and maturity of my granddaughter. She is thirteen now; engaging, friendly and a brainiac. The joy of books skipped a generation and she proudly shows me the "inches" of the novels she is devouring now. My daughter ever practical, could never see the point of reading stories that "aren't real". Her hobby is the dog show circuit with a champion Afghan. She always did love a challenge; we are talking of at least four hours of grooming a week.

(P.S. The video was taken a couple weeks ago. The weather is mild, but it will take a few weeks to melt all the snow that fell that day. )

• Pickler
    Pickler

Thanks for telling your story jgnat, there are so many good writers on this forum.

I love the countryside that surrounds you, looks so beautiful!

• *lost*
    *lost*

jnat this is a wonderful story.

a book would be great. more depth of info is needed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's hard to describe how beautiful it is here. Watching a deer wander by as I type.

Mawdsley

Twenty-two mountains surround our community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit