Why are all angels in JW publications male?

by kenpodragon 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Ozzie,

You keep saying NOTHING ... there being no substance to what little you DO say. You have been charged with side-stepping the issue (or didn't you notice that?), and indeed you have done that very thing ... more than once now. Also, I'm rather disappointed in you for another reason as well: Since I've asserted that those who go to heaven are due to return to being the fleshly creatures they first were, the least you could have done as a comeback would be to have called my attention to the scripture that goes something like "Thus we shall ALWAYS be with the Lord." But, hey, don't let me put ideas into your mind!

Remember there will be a "new heavens and a new earth"?

Am I to assume that you have adopted the belief that God has plans to dispense with the multitudes of galaxies that he has caused to exist, and then replace them with an entirely new material universe (heavens)? That's what you seem to be implying! If so, you are becoming more and more unreasonable by the minute.

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that the apostle Paul had a pre-human existence but perhaps I've misunderstood you.

You misunderstood. I said that Paul and his sort, after their tenure is up of reigning in heaven with Jesus for the 1000-year period, will shed the spiritual body that they will have been given in order to make life in heaven possible, and take up a fleshly body once again to live out the rest of eternity here on earth. Just as Jesus, a heavenly creature to begin with, was not created to live permanently in the material realm (earth) to which he had been transferred, likewise, Paul and his sort, having first come into existence as being fleshly creatures, were not created to live permanently in the spiritual realm to which they will be transferred at the time they are resurrected. In other words, spirit creatures were created to be heavenly creatures and fleshly creatures were created to be earthly creatures. Neither group were ever intended to permanently switch their identities, nor will it EVER be allowed. Because there were those certain angels in Noah's day that had actually done that very thing God expressed his disapproval by imprisoning/confining them to a lower area of the angelic heaven (named Tartarus). There, they are not free to mingle with the rest of the angels as they once had the freedom to do. So the whole point of God punishing those angels was to demonstrate their wrongness in desiring to change their habitation -- from being spirit creatures to becoming fleshly creatures -- which goes to prove that YOU have an unnatural desire by your longing to put off your fleshly body and permanently become a spirit creature. Those who will in fact do such a thing should know that it will only be a TEMPORARY experience, and that they are in for a return trip so to speak. It's NOT a one-way ticket for those few that go to heaven to rule with Christ.

the matter of New Jerusalem coming down (uniting) with the earth.

Do I REALLY need to address that? I already have, haven't I? You're idea of New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven as meaning no more than being in touch with earth is absurd. It means exactly what it says, that New Jerusalem (referring to the group that ruled with Christ during the millennium) will forever leave heaven and take up residence again on earth. End of story! You, like all of Christendom, Ozzie, need EDUCATION! Or perhaps you would prefer me to go easy on you in such a way as to make you feel comfortable in your ignorance?

Friday

Edited primarily to correct the word "was" to say "way" in the last sentence.

Edited by - Yadirf on 19 September 2002 15:58:42

• Satanus
    Satanus

Friday

The 144000 and jesus are supposedly married. They are supposed to be, in the future, always together. Yet, after the millenium, your theory would put jesus back in heaven, his place of creation, his original abode. Your theory puts the 144000 eternally on the earth, after the mil. Thus, a separation of husband and wife, not residing together anymore. A permanent separation, that is so long lasting, it might as well be a divorce. What kind of husband would jesus be? Does his love of his bride cool off after 1000 yrs? Jehovah said he hates a divorcing. How will he feel about his son acting in this manner?

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe jesus, the arch angel, side stepped god's law against angels hooking up w earth woman or men. Maybe the arch angel going to earth to get a composite bride made up of men was a goof ball idea to start with. If the preflood materialising angels broke the letter of the law, did the arch angel break the spirit of the law?

SS

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Yadirf,

Reading Ozzies profile, I see he was an elder for many years. Is this the norm as to the quality of knowledge in the JW faith? I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge and understanding displayed in his posts. I think he's succeeded in forcing himself to believe Christiandom garbage.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

nakedmvistar,

At first one would think that a person who was raised as a JW (such as was the case with Ozzie) would have a great advantage over a person such as I whose parents weren't very religious at all. But the fact is that just because a person happens to be seemingly fortunate enough to have been raised in a religious environment doesn't necessarily create in that person a firm determination to learn the truth of a matter. Many times such persons simply go through the motions for a number of years, not truthfully concerning themselves with understanding the Bible, and not actually really knowing what they want to do with their lives either, until finally the day arrives when they decide they would rather do less demanding things ... because their heart isn't really in this business of actually doing what Jesus commanded his followers to do (go make disciples). So, many times such ones find rest in one of Christendom's denominations that require nothing more out of their parishioners than to sit in a pew and contribute their money in support of their Pastor's livelihood. So I'm not near as envious as I perhaps was at one time of those who had parents to support them in their religious pursuit.

Got to hit the sack. Enjoyed conversing with you.

Friday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit