Reflections...musings......thank you

by VeniceIT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yep! I love your folks too.............your Dad is the ornery little brother I always wanted...........too easy to tease. Your Mom is just plain delightful.............and they are both so smart too.

• Celtic
    Celtic

In the very far west of deepest and wildest Cornwall there is this 'B' road that goes between the artists mecca of St. Ives and St.Just in the very far west. The road climbs out of the town, huge tors of solid granite toppling the senses of the landscape in the most majestic of manner. The road itself is narrow and twisting, barely wide enough for two cars to pass. Tumbling over craggy sweeping hills, huge boulders litter the landscape, horned cattle chewing the faint cud. The Atlantic ocean roars to starboard and in old inns, sea man shanties and traditional celtic music is still played. The remnants of buildings from the industrial revolution, associated with former times of glory in Cornwall's past still stand starkly against the grain of the skyline, a reminder of the counties tin mining rich history.

Every time I drive this road, I feel a sense of exhilaration, as though my very hands might yet reach into the cloudy heavens just above, the lines blurred between physical reality and old time mysticism. Quaint cottages made from solid granite and old farms sparsely dominate the ancient landscape, it's one of my absolute favourite areas of Cornwall.

Hope you enjoyed the Irish music down the telephone friday evening last. Take care lass.

Love and cantankerous musings.

Celtic Mark - Cornwall UK

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hhahaha thanks Mark, that sounds like a heavenly drive. I had one back home I loved to especialy if it was sunny, the trees covered the road in parts and the with the sun shining through it was lovely. It was a winding roud through the hillside (on the way to my sisters) and it went up and down and all around, I loved that drive. When we were going through leaving the borg sometimes I'd get upset or something and I'd hope in may car and just go for a long drive in the country at night.

ven

• Princess
    Princess

Does this mean you are my sister?

OK. You're welcome. I know it was with my loving concern you were able to heal. You could have just had some salad you know.

Rachel

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HHAHAHHAHAH 'but I got it from Steven"

Ven

• SYN
    SYN

Very nice post Venice, one of the better ones of today actually.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Venice, I'm glad you're not going anywhere! Sure would miss ya!

And yes, I love the strip down A1A!!!!!!!!!!!! Many times I've sat at those restarants eating and drinking and loving the ocean air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit