Reflections...musings......thank you

by VeniceIT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I posted on H2O as Venice (guess I really made an impression

ven

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Thanks for such an excellent post. I'm sending the link to the youngest Rockette. She struggles with self-esteem daily. Now that she is living in a dorm at college she has to deal with all the social stuff she never had before. It's a bit overwhelming. But you touched on so many of the same emotions she has experienced. Can't thank you enough for all you and your family have done for me and my family. You are all terrific for sharing your pain and growth with us. We have received more encouragement from knowing you such a short time compared with the many years we should have been receiving encouragement from our supposed brothers and sisters in the organization.

Mrs R

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Damn, they still working on A1A?

Next time you watch Porky's, look closely at the beach scenes. That is the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk.

A1A through Lauderdale used to be wall to wall girls during Easter Break, took me two hours to drive it.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Ven,

I will adopt you.

You have great parents, but can I be surrogate mom?

just a thought..........

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Venice.......MUAHSSSSSS!!!! Great post!

Boozy

• outnfree
    outnfree

Aw, shucks, ((((((((Ven! )))))))

You made me feel so nice! What a great way to end my night! I can't wait to meet you IN NEW YORK! (Yay!!!!!)

Love,

out

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Venice,

You wrote:

When I was a JW I'd been hurt very deeply when I was 14. This pain was very intense emotionally and I didn't know how to deal with it. I'd always been the strong one, my nickname as a little kid had been Rocky. And suddenly I was in desperate need of help and didn't have anyone I could turn to, so I turn inside. I put up a protective wall around me that I wouldn't let anyone in, I wasn't gonna get hurt again. I lived like this for several years, being numb not wanting to feel anything. I had just started to come out of this and know what it was like to love and trust people again with my feelings, and emotions.

(((((Rochelle)))))

You have been through so much and are an encouragement to us all. I sensed your pain when I knew you way back then. I have also read the pain in your posts, the heartbreak, the hurt. I don't know the details of your hurt, but I have seen the effects of it. You have often masked it in the form of humor, but it is there for those perceptive enough to see it. I'm so sorry for the pain and the hurt they have caused you. They stripped your whole life from you by telling you it was real and then you found out it wasn't. It hurts terribly to know that your whole world view for your whole life was a facade.

But you have come a long way baby! You are getting clear of all of the entanglements. They have tied us up all of our lives not with one strong rope, but with countless little strings which we must untangle, unknot, and break. Many of these are strings that our own friends and relatives have bound us with, and those are often the most difficult to break free of. You are doing it though. You can see it in your posts. You are making it girl! You are an inspiration to me and many others on this board!

THANK YOU!

Tammy

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Wow you guys are great [:|] thanks for everything, see this is what I mean I luv you guys.

megedud, I mean dude ooops sorry thanks, better leave it at that.

joanna we'll deff hook up some time

Moe thanks babe, your an inspiration, after all you've been through and still think lifes grand!!!

cello a sweetie how you been, you need to come back and visit and moe and I'll make you stronger or well or something (back off Joanna)

Larry exactly!!! I was on H2O from summer of 2000 till it went off line, then I switched over to here. What did you post as

Mrs Rocky, I'm sorry I missed seeing you guys this summer, we'll make up for that. I'm sorry lil rockys haveing a tough time, it's a real adjusting period in everyones life especally young ones, we're still trying to figure out who the hell we are anyway. Send her on a plane down her for a week and I'll straighten her out. I'm so glad we've gotten to know you guys too

Dakota is FL everything is always under construction....

Sure NPY, when do I get my allowance????

Thanks boozy 'how you doin'

Thanks out that makes me feel soo good. I can't wait to meet you either.

I'm so glad to know you and look forward to meeting more of you in person as time/money allows!!!!

Ven

• Mulan
    Mulan

You can't adopt her..............she's ours!!

Just kidding................I have my two Rachel's (okay, Rachelle)..............you have become another daughter for us, kiddo. I think you know that, though.

You are growing, girl. Keep going. I am so glad you are feeling so free now.

And I agree, totally, about needing to be happy with yourself first. There was a point in the book The Celestine Prophecy about people being two halves of a "C", going through life looking for the other half to make themselves whole. The point the writer was making is that you have to be complete in yourself, or you become something of a 'parasite' to the other half of your "C", or another way to say it is 'co-dependent'. It's no good to do it that way.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Thanks Tammy, ya I'm makin it!!!!!!! Humor? what humor??? what???]

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH (humor runs rampant in your family as well )

Mulan thanks for making me feel like family, I love my mom dearly but you can never have too many

Ven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit