She is dying

by Vivamus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I have never felt more helpless in my life. My grandma is sick, dying, and there is nothing I can do. When I look at her, I see this echo of a woman that once was vital, strong and alive. Her body is being consumed by this disease, cancer.

Her eyes are all that is still recognizably her. They say that the eyes are the windows to ones soul, it is true. Only in her eyes is the sparkle left, her humour is still visible, but they also show so much pain.

I wish I could stop the world for ever, to hold her in my life.

I wish I could take the pain away from her, to make her burden lighter.

I wish I could give her strength, now that she has none of herself left.

I wish I could hold that frail and broken body in my arms, and give it life again.

But I can't.

All I can do is hold her hand, and let her know how much I love her, and how much I will miss her. It hurts so much. I can't imagine there being anything more difficult, than seeing loved ones in pain, and not being able to stop it.

In the end, all that matters is love.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

((((Vivamus))))

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I'm sorry. :( Nothing anyone can say can make it any better; I wish I could. :(

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Viv,

We send our thoughts and sympathy at this time.

Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie

• TR
    TR

Viv,

I'm glad that your grandmother has you to hold her hand. This is a very precious time when your grandmother can impart some wonderful wisdom or stories before she passes on, and you show your love just by being there, listening to her.

TR

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Viv)))))),

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmama. I know the pain that you are going through, the helplessness that you feel.

I wish that I had the words to say to make it some how better for you. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Love,

Robyn

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Oh (((((Viv)))))

You are doing everything that you can. You are there with her.

Anita

• Larry
    Larry

You are a beautiful women and I'm sure your grandmother knows that, you are giving her all you can - Your love. I feel your pain - I'm in a simular situation (will post it later.)

Peace - LL

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am sorry you are going through this and that your grandma is going through this. ((((((((((Viv and grandma))))))))))))

• roybatty
    roybatty

Amen TR. Viv, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Oma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit