Life sucks

by joannadandy 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

Yes Jo,

Life sucks! But then suddenly and without warning it is the most beautiful thing imaginable! I,ve never adopted an animal nor purchased one, but they,ve adopted me. Someone drops one off at the foot of my drive because they think it's a good place to live or whatever! Each one is my last! I,ve never had more than one dog or cat at a time, and each I vowed to never become too close to. Then they died, and I cried!

• Preston
    Preston

I'm sad, very sad. It hurts me when I read about things like this.

((Tears))

• omiecoop
    omiecoop

Your post really hits home for me. I had never had a pet live a LONG life until my "Siamese SOB". His name was Gobel McKenzie Reeves Greene. We called him Gobie. He lived for 2 months shy of 20 years. My son was 16 when he died and he had never known a single day of life that Gobie wasn't in. My husband is the REAL cat fancier in my family, but we all loved Gobie. He was a member of my family, dammit. Like your precious one, Gobie couldn't walk or see before he passed away. It gets me teary eyed even now (this was about 6 years ago). I still miss that cat. We have another cat now, but there ain't no way she will ever replace Gobie. He looked a lot like your cat, and I really feel your pain. Believe me, you will miss her, but she will be a lot better off than she is now. The pain will ease, but you will always have your wonderful memories of her. We still tell funny stories about Gobie, and probably always will. He was a character!

Anyway, (((((((((Jo))))))))))))

I don't know what your beliefs are, but I'm gonna pray for you anyway to feel better!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

(((((Group Hug))))

Preston don't be sad!!

Omie, I don't know why but thank you. Normally I wouldn't have been so open to hearing that someone was going to pray for me, but it felt good to hear you say it, so thank you. Gobie! What a cool name!

Larc-I still have a cat at home. I think for the time I am going to hold off on another pet. Tho probably someday I will get another.

Mac-you are commended for your adopting of pets from the brink. I always think that is so sweet and large hearted...

• Makena1
    Makena1

(((((((hugs))))))))))

So sorry to hear about your cat. Wow - you have really been together for a long time. Cherish the memories, and soon i am sure you will be able to shower that affection on another wonderful friend.

I have had several cats over the past 45 years, but two were really special. My first was a burmese we called Martini. Looked a lot like the cat in this picture: http://www.moongazerburmese.com/SaffyPic1.htm

The last was a long haired persian named Ricky. I found him and his sister, Lucy, in the middle of the street on a dark rainy night. Ricky was more like a dog than a cat - loved to be held, petted, scratched, would fetch - adored attention. http://www.bluepersian.ndirect.co.uk/H.html

Right now we are in between pets, but will be looking again soon. Besides cats, we also love bichon friese pups. http://bichon.home.cyberverse.com/

All best,

Mak and Sabine

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

(((((((((( Joanna ))))))))))

Sorry about your loss, I have been through many cats in my life and its never easy to lose one, they seem like more than animals, you know?

• not interested
    not interested

hey jo,

sorry to hear about your kitty, hearing about the trip to the vet brought back memories of having to put sown my dog, cat and 2 ferrets, at different times. As much as you try to prepair for it, and as much as you convince yourself that it has to be done, its never easy, i compare it to losing a friend, sometimes i think that the only uncondidtional love that exists is between humans and animals.

I feel for you in yout time of greif,

take care

see ya soon

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit