Birthday parties- A good idea or not????

by nogs 26 Replies latest social family

• nogs
    nogs

I've just recently (today) booked my little girls first birthday party at Mcdonalds, she went to a pals birthday party a week ago. Well since I was brought without having any, and started bringing my daughter up that way, is it ok to do do them now we have left, I suppose now we have left it doesn't matter what we do now is it,are any other parents doing the same, I wonder?????

Naomi

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I don't believe I've said "hello" to you yet, Nogs.

So a BIG Hello,

Did your little girl enjoy her friend's party? Bet the answer is 'yes' - Imagine how much more she will like her very own celebration. I think when you see her shining, joyful face, any left-over WT guilt you have will fly out the window....It will be a special day for you too.

• larc
    larc

I agree with Zazu. Of course, I have to, she's my wife! I think it is wonderful for a child to a have special day. Everyone needs special attention now and then, mothers, fathers, and the kids. We all need it.

• waiting
    waiting

hey nogs,

None of my children, ages 30, 27, 25 had a birthday celebration when living at home. After they left, they enjoyed more of life - but didn't tell me.

I went to a surprise birthday party for my daughter this year. It was great. Personally, I thought *perhaps* there would be a drunken orgy with sloppy singing, loose sex and other pagan things. lol. If the dreaded happy birthday song was not sung - that group of 50 persons could have passed for jw's any day. There was no loud whooping & hollerin', my husband & I were the first on the dancefloor, followed by others and it was great.

I guess I saw with my own eyes that people are just people. Not jw's and worldings/pagans. My husband & I had a ball. So did my daughter, btw.

I hope your daughter doesn't miss out on some of the fun of life for no reason - like my kids did. It wasn't necessary and it was my call.

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Nogs
    When I left the org, I was very guilty and felt out of place at "pagan" holidays. But if you sit back and look at the faces on the children...it is worth it. They have no idea who John the Baptist is!
    I never once while I was growing up recieved a wrapped gift. I think I am worse than the kids now. I have 2 children a boy(5) and a girl(6) and you can just bet I spoil them rotten A friend of mine called me on Miranda's 1st B-day and said "Happy Birthday," I laughed and said "It is not MY birthday." She replied, "But it is your birthday, this is the day you became a Mom"
    I enjoy celebrating these days with my children, I look back and remember each one with fondness. I can't do that from my youth, haha sometimes I couldn't remember how old I was
    wendy
    PS.Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Nogs, when I left, my daughter was still quite young. Although I had no idea of how to organize a birthday party, I did my best to do so. When she got a little older, she pretty much organized them herself, and just told me what supplies to pick up. They meant a lot to her. I'm glad we did them.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Nogs,
    Even when I was still active in the org.,I never really understood the WTS reasoning
    behind not celebrating birthdays.
    There are a couple of cases in the Bible where people have been killed on someones
    birthday. ( Gen.40:20-22 & Matt.14: 6-10)
    But to me, those scriptures don't prove that birthday celebrations are wrong,they
    only show how evil those people were to have people killed.
    In the book of Job, didn't they celebrate their special days?
    The WTS says that celebrating a birthday is akin to worshipping that one.
    Is that really the case?
    I have never seen anyone being worshipped on their birthday. How about you?

I regret deeply that I listened to the WTS on that matter even though I didn't agree with them.
    My kids didn't have birthday celebrations and the sad thing is, once the kids are grown, you can
    never give them another childhood. Children miss out on a lot as JW kids due to the teachings
    of a man made and man run orginization.
    And it's the fault of us parents. We listened to the WTS instead of using our God given right to
    use our own conciences on matters.

neyank

• neyank
    neyank

PS. When I have grandkids, boy will I celebrate their birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!

neyank

• larc
    larc

Hey Neyank,

You will find that it is easier to raise grand kids than kids. First of all, you made all your mistakes on your kids. Now, you know what you are doing. Second, it's a part time job, so it's much easier on that count. Third, you will probably have more money than when you started married life, so you can buy them nice things and take them to interesting places. I have a grand daughter and a grand son on the way and I love it.

• nogs
    nogs

To Everyone,

a Big Big Big Big and a very big Thankyou!!!!!!!!
    You see i already booked and she's excited already, It feels strange doing it , but not bad. I guess I never had any parties when I was younger so I never got invited to anything. My little girl is gonna have the best day ever, and you know what, My daughter lena and me share the same birthday, we were both born on 15th April, so it will be my birthday partie too, and boy will I ahve some cake!!!!!!!!!

Love to you all, as i can tell you have all been great parents!!!!!

Naomi

P.S Any advice on christmas Tree's?????????????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit