In Memory of a diff.kind of Silentlamb -Pics

by LyinEyes 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((Dede))))))))))

How nice of you to post your mother's pics and to remember her in such a wonderful way.

Healing comes along when you least expect it.

j2bf

• CHERYLWHERYL
    CHERYLWHERYL

Lyineyes that was such a sad touching story. I feel the org should be made accountable for things of this nature. My step-mother's sister lost her eldest daughter in a bad road accident, she needed blood. The elders were there and put pressure on them, they did not consent, Margaret died as a result. It tore the family apart. Roy and Shelia divorced. Shelia became what the borg labels as an apostate. So she went on to lose her other two daughters. They shun her now. These stories all are very sad. She travelled from Australia one year to protest outside of Bethel. I wonder how many people have lost their lives because of their stupid rules.The more i learn the angrier i become. Anyway, i hope you have lots of good memories of your mum.

• Francois
    Francois

I know an entire family of about fifteen people, one of whom is an elder, and they were ALL just about to cut off their mother (grandmother, mother-in-law; you name it - various degrees of relationship) for SMOKING. The family member who was the elder got the family together the night the announcement was to be made, and none of them went to the meeting. Instead, the elder gave the family a talk about how unloving and judgemental and terrible it would be for them to shun their own mother; their own mother who had done so much for every one of them and who would likely do more in the future for every one of them, too.

The short story is that this family disfellowshipped the congregation over their smoking policy. And I know people who have disfellowshipped the JWs for the oral sex issue (I was already out or I woulda), and the blood policy, and the vasectomy issue. In fact, the WTBTS has been disfellowshipped by a great many people for the stupidity of its teachings.

So there you have it.

francois

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    ..........vasectomy issue

???????????? There has been a vasectomy issue in dubdom? OMG......had no idea!

• Preston
    Preston

Your mother was very young the time she died, and it hurts me that she has not seen the realization of your life or the lives of all the people she has known. I enjoyed reading about her primarily becuase there were a lot of people that I have known like her. I wish I could add more if it wasn't for the fact that I have uncontrollable rage for an organization that plays games with people's lives.

(((HUGS and more HUGS Lyin')))

Preston.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit