In Memory of a diff.kind of Silentlamb -Pics

by LyinEyes 24 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dede))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My thoughts are with you hun!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. I wish there were something I could do to take some of the pain away.

XW

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks for the kind words. It means the world to me.

I just wanted to add that tonight don't feel overwhelming saddness as I have for so long. I don't know why exactly, but I have some ideas, I feel more at peace than ever. It happened so long ago, yet sometimes it hits me really hard. But today I wanted to honor her, not so much my grief, but my rememberance of her. I think that being JW's , you are not allowed to grieve the way you should. Therefore , you can never move forward, if you don't address the past that haunts you if you dont.

This year has been the best year of my life, I am almost exactly the same age as my mother when she died. If I live to my next birthday, in dec. I will have out lived my own mom in years. That is just weird to me. It has made me understand what a child she still was in so many ways. Having my own kids, being in the JW's and coming to terms how my dad really was, I have come to understand her. It is like she is not really gone. Even if she can not talk back to me, or know me anymore, my relationship with her lives , as long as I do. I hope there is an afterlife so that I can tell her I understand alot more than I did back then, and I am sorry for being too hard on her. I now know how hard it is to be a mother.

So this year I decided to not grieve as I have before, but try to smile and think of the great things about her and forget the bad. Even forget the choice she made to end her life. Just let it go,,,,,,, for now anyway. And if she is up there, she will know, that life for me is pretty good.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It really burns me when the wt dfs people for smoking.
     It's really none of the wt's bisiness if a person smokes,
     takes recreational drugs, prescription drugs, or what food
     a person eats.
     I have seen some people come through some tough times, and tobbacco
     played a big part in helping them to cope under servere stress and pain.
    It's a type of self prescibed, self medication that many people do.
     I say that even though i don't smoke and i don't encourage people to.
    The wt is a champion at kicking people while they are down.
     It is reprehensible in this case. 
    Congratulations on having a birthday party for your son.
     I know others disagree w me, but i think your mom's spirit 
    may have had satisfaction at seeing this party, and will move on in
     time
     SS
  • Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

(((((((Dede))))))))

I remembered today was your mom's anniversary and I came online especially to send you some hugs.

May you find peace with your memories of your mom...and thanks for posting those pics, you get your fine looks from her I see.

There's a part of your mom that lives on in you, and in your children and so it will go for generations to come....she has not left completely. ((((((Dede))))))

Beck

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Eyes,

I was born 5/16/50 - so very close in age to your mother. She had a hard life, but she was able to nurture a fine daughter - no little accomplishment thanks to her. Many people of our generation fell into drugs, many doctor prescribed. I don't think some doctors understood the side effects/long effects of the drugs back then. Lol - obviously, neither did the people.

It's a gift that you can remember your mother with such fondness. She died a needless death, and your father was crappy......but to have one parent you can hold in your heart with fond memory is a gift she inadvertently gave you. It's great that you cherish her gift to you.

waiting

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((((((((Dede))))))))

Just to let you know we haven't forgotten.

Leaving the WTS does let us move on. We are free to grieve and let go. Hopefully the peace you have found will stay with you throughout the day.

without the pain of the WTS imposed guilt

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

((((LyinEyes)))) Your mother would be proud of you, as indeed all of us are. She passed on to you the tools she didn't have to help herself and by doing that you are able to be happy with your life and pass that on to your family. You're terrific!!! And she was a beautiful lady.

Hugs,

Nina

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

((((DeDe))))))

Words can not express who much your post moved me. Love ya', girly!

P.s., you REALLY look like your mother!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

sorry to hear how your mother and you were all treated or should I say (untreated). she sounded like a wonderful mom who instilled alot of good qualitys in you. My 16 yr old neice died on this day in 1997, she either didn't look left or looked left to late and was t-boned. I was still in the borg, and glad we went to her funeral.

take care ---- love and hugs ----- Jackie

• Xena
    Xena

My mom was d/fed for smoking too Lyin. I remember the anger I had at them for punishing a person for an ADDITICTION instead of trying to HELP them! Both my sisters cut her off, fortunately she had myself and my dad (who wasn't a JW at the time) there to stand by her and help her.

I am very sorry about your mom, nothing can replace the loss of a mother.....my thoughts are with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit