ARE ANY WATCHTOWER BOOKS OF VALUE?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have a very extensive library of WT. publications. I see how many of you got rid of the books and mags. Do you know of any monetary value for old Wts? .....Also, do you think any of the publications have any special use???.........lol

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I use them to stand on like a ladder when I can't reach sometin'

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Minimus,

If I were you I would not throw them away.

Put them up for sale on Ebay.

The old adage "one man's trash is another man's treasure" is certainly true!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Good for reference purposes, obviously. Also handy as a colour chart when decorating, to help you decide what colours NOT to use!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

PLEASE don't throw them away.. I am looking for for a few quotes from them, but of course, my friend will not accept anything 'on the internet' because it has been falsified...

I may be interested in purchasing a few myself... Send me an email with a list of the ones you are thinking of parting with..

Thanks

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Itsjustlittleoldme,

Try and get hold of a WT cd, it'll save on postage!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&SortProperty=MetaHighestPriceSort&query=watchtower&from=R10&ht=1&combine=y&st=2

Just did a search on Ebay.......over 200 items for sale under "watchtower".......if you have the Judge Rutherford Handbill that is going for a heft $245........

Edited by - scootergirl on 14 September 2002 9:54:48

• RR
    RR

There's a big market for Watchtower publications. As many [JW's and non-jws] collect them. There are even "price guides" and catalogs on Watchtower publications. Like those who collect comics or coins, some collect Watchtowers. I know of a few who spend tens of thousands of dollars collecting this stuff.

I put alot of my extra stuff on ebay, have to clean house, getting cluttered.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Doing a "completed auction" search on Ebay, it seems that only the OLD publications bring in any money.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&SortProperty=MetaHighestPriceSort&query=watchtower&from=R10&ht=1&combine=y&st=2

• abbagail
    abbagail

I'm glad this thread was started because I've been thinking the same thing: What to do with all these tons of old magazines, about 30 years worth, from the late 60's to 2002 when my sub expired. Also I have yearbooks, bound volumes (all thru the 80s), the regular books from my years as a dub, plus some older books. I even have about 5-10 old WT's from the old old days when the size of the WT-mag was HUGE. (I need to make a list someday... Not being fully "deprogrammed" yet, part of me feels like I would be casting aside something "sacred". I know I know - please don't puke or holla at me!)

RR (or anyone): Where would we find these "price guidelines" and "catalogs"? Where do we find these experts or people who collect stuff like this? Antique dealers? I remember looking at ebay a few months back and it didn't seem it was worth the hassle for the prices being generated, not unless you had something REALLY special like the JFR handbill, etc. I would think there is a supply v. demand thing going on, and with the GLUT of people existing the WTS, there's plenty of litter-chure available for anyone who wants it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit