ARE ANY WATCHTOWER BOOKS OF VALUE?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Before ebay and the internet, you had to do selling and buying via connections. However ebay seems to have broken teh chain. Books that were selling for hundreds of dollars can be had on ebay for just pennies. That being said, it should be noted that sometimes a simple book can fetch hundreds of dollars opne day and the next not even sell. It depends on who's looking and when and how bad they want it!

There's a guy n canada who published a price guide every year or so, and there are a few within the USA. I don't have the information in front of me, but when I do, I'll let you know.If all you have are items from the 60s, 70s , etc, then don't waste your time. Unless of ciurse you have items taht never make it into the hands of the public, like Kingdom Ministries and other items, even letters with official Watchtower letterhead fetch good money. I sold a disfellowshipping form for $100.00 once on ebay.

Okay, I found the price guide that I have.

Stan Milosevic, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada e-mail: [email protected]

Edited by - RR on 14 September 2002 10:28:28

• Francois
    Francois

Keep an eye out for that old green "Make Sure" book. Best rolling paper since JOB. And I'd be interested in purchasing "Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose" for about ten bucks if anyone would like to part with one.

francois

• sister grace
    sister grace

I saw a very good idea in a craft book. get large bound books ( like the bound volumes) paint the out sides and drill holes in center glue and stack any where between three and thirth-three put rod and wire though holes. get lamp assembly from hardware store and make a pole lamp. seen it done it works great "THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD" you could sell at craft show and make a bundle should be easy to get supplies anyone of us will have plenty

• songmistress
    songmistress

I tried to give mine to a new congregation that had formed here at the time I left. They wouldn't take them. I had to get rid of my library cause every time I looked at my bookcase I felt like the organization was breathing down my neck. Burned the bible that I had used at meetings for years. Burned real good, cover and all. Everytime I have opportunity to look inside a WT publication, all I can see is the same old regurgitated nonsense that enslaved me in the first place. I ended up boxing them up and giving them to friends who held on to them for a while, til I told them to just get rid of them for me. I have no idea where they might have ended up. Probably as fire starters if I know my friends.

Some of the pubs may be worth money, but I have no regrets for getting rid of my library. My peace of mind was (and still is) at stake.

Blessings,

Cheryl

• metatron
    metatron

got a woodstove?

They have caloric value

metatron

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

RR who is Stan Milosevic

Do you have any info on him like is he JW or ex etc

If he is ex I would love to contact him

• minimus
    minimus

thanks for all the info. I am not thinking of getting rid of any books just yet.I have all of theWT. volumes from the 1800's too.....Now you may know where some of the obscure quotes may come from.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Whenever I run out of toilet paper, I go directly to the scriptures. pull out a page from the old green bible and wipe my ass !! That's right, no pain no strain just sit an drain, doesn't even clog the septic system. Praise Jah !!!!

• jws
    jws

The Watchtower Antiquarian portion of freeminds.org talks about old JW publications. It is a business and they are selling books. This link will guide you to other pages including other other online sellers. I believe they also sell a price guide.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/tempsale.htm

This is another part of the site that lists a lot of books and why they have significance. He also has the price he's selling these books for, if you want to get an idea.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/booksale.htm

By the way, I'm not spamming. I'm in no way affiliated with this site. I just thought that if you were trying to get an idea of what something's worth, go to a site selling those things.

There's also an on-line bookstore search that's connected to hundreds, if not thousands of bookstore inventories. If anybody's looking, some of this stuff can be found there too.

In fact, some used bookstores might even sell some of this stuff for you on commission, if/when you decide to sell. They may fetch a higher price for it.

-j.w.s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit