What's wrong with us in South Florida?

by Trotafox 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hi, Venice:

PS how come I've never met you yet Trot??? what's up with that????!!!???

Because I'm fat, ugly, and antisocial Will E-mail you.

hey what you doing today???

On vacation today. Sitting here at 2:30, still in my bathrobe (I have bathed ), on this computer, eating popcorn for lunch, drinking orange juice, and trying to get the filing done in my home office since I'm a year behind. Well, you asked.

OutoftheOrg: You're sweet.

Kelsey007: Tee-Hee. You're bad.

Bad Terry: This is true. Winters are mighty nice (after the long, long, hot, h-o-o-o-o-t summer). We have no Spring or Fall to speak of. The heat doesn't break for about 8 months. So we deserve our Winters. I think I need to be a snowbird. When my ship comes in, I can afford two houses.

Trot

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

DoubleEdge: Too many elderly mixing it up with too many people in a very bad mood, in very hot weather, with too much traffic, and living too fast a pace. If I were elderly, I would be out of here. I wish I could move my mother to a nice, quiet Ohio community but alas...I'm tied down on a job.

Trot

Edited by - Trotafox on 13 September 2002 14:59:50

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Battman: You really ARE bad! Ahem. Nude beaches...where? VeniceT...you know of any? We missing something? I won't participate but I'd be happy to watch?

Trot

• SYN
    SYN

You think FLORIDA is bad? Try South Africa, where you fear for your life every time you stop at a traffic light!

• mann377
    mann377

North Florida has them beat!!!!!! the last of old florida

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Trota - I come down to that part of the world a couple of times a year. Next time, let's all get together and go to La Camaronera, whatchathink?

ft

P.S. - Florida, contrary to popular belief, is NOT a southern state. It's the capital of SOUTH America, alright, that continent below the isthmus of Panama. Actually, Florida could be sawed off right across, say, Orlando and dragged by barge northward and hooked on somewhere around Sandyhook, NJ and all would be a perfect fit. You go in a grocery store anywhere south of Orlando, and some transplanted Yankee from the rust belt bumps into your cart and snarls, "watch where YOUR goin' with that cart, lame brain. You think I got all day over here?" (Ahem, they have learned not to do that in Little Havana and expect to keep living, however.)

Edited by - francois on 13 September 2002 20:28:3

Edited by - francois on 13 September 2002 20:28:43

• Salud
    Salud

Tampa was rated most economical city to live in the US among major cities. Also on the top 10 list of cities to do business, and real estate market is hot.

Sure, coming from the Northwest there are some things I do miss, but Florida is home for me now. Where else can you say that you are looking forward to winter... right Ven...?

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Francois ("Frenchy"): Sure you want to do that? I was the one giving you a hard time over there at the "Left Behind" chat board. I'm game. I'll send you my E-mail address. By the way, they've got quite a lively discussion going on over there about JW's.

http://www.leftbehind.com/community/talk/messageboards/default.asp?dact=threadlist&room_id=97&explist=,&RoomType=2&num_to_skip=20

Sentinel: Do they know where Tallefast is located? Is it a nice area. The Christian painter "Danny Hahlbohm" lives there. Yes. I think it is a nice place to visit, too, and I'd rather not live here (unless it's a condo ON the ocean from November to April only). Snowbirds know what they are doing. I was just so darned depressed about all the stuff that is landing in our laps down here.

Salud: I take it you're from Tampa? Nice lightning over Tampa Bay...yes?

Trot

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Trot, I was born in Kendall, but grew up in Hollywood & Dania. Even graduated from South Broward High and can even remember southern accents in Miami. I now live in the Pacific Northwest. Life is less hectic and a great deal more peaceful for me.

Lew W

• Salud
    Salud

Trot,

Yes I am in Tampa.....lightning and all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit