What's wrong with us in South Florida?

by Trotafox 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I live in Broward County, Florida...Unfortunate harborer of Mohammed Atta and other terrorists.

Next door is (drum roll please)...Palm Beach County...home of the "We don't know how to vote" crowd.

Also next door to (drum roll please)....Miami/Dade County....the "Hanging Chad" county.

And I work next door to the country's largest petroleum tank farm (Port Everglades...which also houses Florida Power and Light Company.)

And now, lo and behold, we are in the news again. Two Middle Eastern folks decide to cause a ruckus by threatening to blow up Miami and stupidly run Alligator Alley toll booths, heading East towards Ft. Lauderdale, setting off alarms all over the place. Bomb sniffing dogs blew the whistle and now the entire road has been shut down since 1:00 a.m. For those who don't know the lay of the land down here....that's an entire friggin' road that runs from Fla. coast to Fla. coast. Not that I'm complaining. Better they shut down the road, fry those idiots, and stop their idiot plan in its tracks (I hope). As it stands right now, they may get them for nothing more than running a toll booth because they can't find anything and they aren't talkin'.

We also are the lightning capitol of the country (Tampa, I believe).

We also are the No. 1 state for running down pedestrians.

We have one of the highest auto rates in the country (we can't drive either).

We have one of the highest home insurance rates in the country (Thank you, Hurricane Andrew)

We have some of the highest banking fees in the country (and climbing)

And our real estate rivals California.

So Trot is pretty darn irritated and looking for something postive to say about my state other than sun, sand, and surf. Um-m-m-m-m. Still waiting and nothing coming. Got any ideas?

Trot

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Some really great apostates live there!

Mimilly

• ballistic
    ballistic

I live in Dorset. We are famous for cider.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

MiMilly: You betcha. Thanks.

Ballistic: Better known for cider than harboring terrorists!

Latest from the News:

• The perp's were overhead at a Shoney's Restaurant in Calhoun, Ga. and notified police. So the police were on alert for the cars. They were spotted and that's why they blew through the toll booths.
    • They are here legally as students. They are medical students at a Medical School is Miami, in their 30's, and due to start their internship on Monday. Med studients in their 30's? Two? Middle Eastern? Right. Looks like they were really students of another kind of activity.
    • One of them has a warrant I believe out of New York. Don't know what for yet.
    • Bomb sniffing dogs are alerting to possibly residue. They finished the one car and are in the process of searching the other car. Haven't found any bomb yet. God , I hope they don't have to let these two go.

Yureka! I thought of one positive thing. Drum roll, please.............

We have one of the best seashell beaches in the world....Sanibel/Captiva.

Trot

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Whats writh south Florida?

Its obvious, you have too much sun and too many pretty women!

Outoftheorg

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

During the last presidential elections a Jewish rabbi was asked why the jews did not support Bush. He responded: "The last time we got tangled up with a bush we ended up wandering in the wilderness for 40 years!"

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

You also forgot highest health insurance policies as well.

What's good in S FL???

VALET--S FL is the capitol of Valet parking, if you don't like to park(and trust me most people down here shouldn't) you can go just about anywhere and not have to. We even have valet parking at the mall, theathers, and last but not least the Publix grocery store. yes it's true.

We actually look forward to winter so we can go to the beach .

The varity in food and resturants is second to none, well excpet maybe NY. Broward county had NO minoritys it's populations is equally divided among 14 diff nationaitites, hence the food .

Causal Elegance, you can go in just about any resturant in either shorts and a tank top or a formal, no one really cares, especially if it's on the beach. Having a gourmet lunch in your swimsuit and cover-up is a real treat.

did I mention the food???? hahahhahah

Ven

PS how come I've never met you yet Trot??? what's up with that????!!!??? Last year I was working right down there on the 17st causway during the boat show you know. email me we'll hook up for lunch ok. hey what you doing today???

Edited by - VeniceIT on 13 September 2002 13:35:47

Edited by - VeniceIT on 13 September 2002 13:36:1

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Maybe repost this in January - for those of us living on the frozen tundra of the U.S. plains in January with the temp at -30 F, the wind blowing out of the north at 40 mph, the sunny beaches of Florida look MIGHTY inviting....

BadJerry (unpacking long-johns, mittens and winter parka)

• battman
    battman

Great nude beaches :)

battman

(of the "we won't have clothes in the new system" class)

so i am practising the nude i mean new field service
    arrangements. boy, o boy would the sisters get up
    in arms about this idea. well, honey that is the way
    A&E were and what joe Hover wanted for them is just
    ok wid dis boy.. Otay

P.S. pass the suntan lotion

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    We also are the No. 1 state for running down pedestrians

Well, someone has to be number one.

Share this

Google+