Have you ever seen a JW with a beard?

by SpannerintheWorks 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

OK, you've probably guessed I'm not talking about the women!. But Jesus had a beard (just look at any WT publication) so did Paul, John the Baptiser (or Baptist if you've got an earlier publication), etc.

Surely all JW men should have beards! They are Christians (the only true ones) aren't they? Following Jesus's example!

• mamashel
    mamashel

Hello. This was always a problem with me. My husband looks so sexy with a beard or goe-T.

We went round and round when we were going to the hall. The "brothers" said it was just a matter of appearance. My come back every time was did they have any scriptural background for men not to wear one.

In answer to your question though, yes i know of 2 where we live and 1 says he has a skin condition (yea right) so he shaves only for his talks, and the other wears a goe-T and they removed all of his privillages because of it. Go figure huh.

mamashel

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yes,

My father had a moustache and a beard. He kept it neatly trimmed. He was also an elder at the time.

Robyn

• Englishman
    Englishman

I would never grow a beard.

A beard would only conceal my tender skin, my boyish charm and astonishing good looks.

Wouldn't mind a bit more fluff on top though.

Englishman.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I have known one JW who grew a very short
    beard due to getting ingrown hairs and scarring.

Because his doctor recommended he stop shaving,
    he did. Although the beard was very trim and quite becoming,
    he quickly lost his priviledges and did
    not regain them until he got rid of the beard.

I was about thirteen when this happened and I remember
    watching him seem to be choking back (anger? tears?)
    when he realized that he was going to be frozen out
    until he was clean-shaven again.

Personally, I don't see what the problem with
    beards is. I think they look very attractive...

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Englishman, I agree with you. But they have publications of Jesus(no less) with beards. JW's should follow his example, yeah? No JW that I know of has a beard! Ask the next JW why not. Just to rattle their cage!

SpannerintheWorks.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes.

There was a ministerial servant in the congregation where I grew up who had a goatee style beard with moustache. It made him look like the bad guy in a good movie.

The chap who dunked me when I was baptized had a full beard and moustache. He was also an elder. I should dig up the pic and get it scanned sometime. He looked similar to the way the WT artists used to draw Jesus.

Love, Scully

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

LMAONTF, Scully!

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

i think they believe beards and moustaches are worldy and potentially indicate homosexual leanings - they see them as a part of 'gay culture'

perhaps it's more likey they find them 'homo-erotic' and because of their own reactions, judge others ???

• ISP
    ISP

Beards are looked down on.......but I have known dubs have beards. One was an elder in fact.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit