Anybody from Portland, Oregon...?

by hillary_step 50 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Dave YES and you are huffy!!!! (btw dave it's your loss

Well I can't belive it as soon as I leave your all wanting to get together yada yada yada..... sheesh!!!!

Ven

• seven006
    seven006

<<<Well I can't belive it as soon as I leave your all wanting to get together yada yada yada..... sheesh!!!!>>>

I looks like it just isn't me Ven. Now I don't feel so bad, everyone ditched you. I just wanted to meet your parents and talk about big people stuff. It would have just confused you and you would have been bored. There is noting like a frustrated young'en fidgeting in the background to mess up a good adult conversation. Maybe next time you are in town we can all go to Chucky Cheese.

See ya next summer kid.

Dave

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Ven,

My brother (Salud) tells me that you are a fun person. Look me up when you're back in town....besides, I could pretend to like Chucky Cheese. All joking aside, seriously get a hold of me when you're back. I think you and I could stir up some trouble.

Dave (from the huffy class)

We probably shouldn't invite you....all the excitement, we don't want to set off your ol' ticker! You know how you run out of breath so easily and all.

Seriously you are too focused...you do need a vacation! Take Care!

• wasasister
    wasasister

Seriously, Dave. Get over it. When are you going to get over losing a few dollars worth of sub-standard Vodka? For an old guy, you sure have a long memory. How about where you put the car keys, do you remember that?

Ginny: call me about the music. Who, what, when, where?? I'll seriously consider it, as I desperately need a break about now.

Ven, Honey, you and I will hook up eventually when you're in the Northwest. I promise...we'll do some damage.

To all the other Northwesterners: hasn't it been a great summer???

High (kinda) and dry,

Wasa

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

For those who haven't met her, Ven is a very nice lady. I enjoyed meeting her and talking at the Pacific NW Apostafest this summer.

Now, when are we going to have one local down here so I don't have to drive so far?

Dave, vodka? Losing keys? You been out chasing cocktail waitresses again???

Wasa, be careful calling Dave an "old guy." I believe I have him by a couple years at least. LOL

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Dave,

which pub are you going to be at this Friday and who is playing? I'm not much of a drinker anymore but if there is going to be some heavy drugs I might try and adjust my schedule.

I will be at McMenamin's just across the St. John's bridge. Danny O'Keefe will be playing. If you adjust your schedule to attend, I might need some heavy drugs myself.

ConnieLynn and LostDiamond,

I hope you can make it Friday! Consider it a humanitarian service, and don't leave me to face Mr. Huffy alone!

Ginny

Edited by - GinnyTosken on 19 September 2002 2:14:38

• AlanF
    AlanF

Danny O'Keefe playing!

Damn! I wish I was still in Portland!

How are ya, Ginny you old fart? Wish we had your view ob de reeber.

AlanF

• seven006
    seven006

Look who comes out of the mountains when a group of women are planning to get together. Is your lap getting cold Alan? You are such a damn stud!

Ginny,
    I don't know if I can make it or not, there is a new opium den opening up in Tigard and I may go for their grand opening. You know me, always searching for enlightenment. I actually have tentative plans for Friday but if things change I might try and find it. It's been years since I have been anywhere near the St.Johns bridge, I don't even know if I could find the damn thing. It's in the river someplace isn't it?

Dave

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

There must be something in the air--I'm afraid I will not be able to make it to McMenamin's on Friday after all. On Saturday I'll be part of the crew on a boat in Sail for the Cure. Today our boat nearly sank. It had been hauled out of the water for minor repairs after an offshore race between Astoria and Newport. When it was put back in the water today, it took on nearly three feet of water. The
    fellows at the boatyard had neglected to replace the transducer.

We've been working on the boat most of this evening, but need to continue working on her tomorrow evening, too, to get her ready for the
    sail on Saturday.

I would still very much like to meet some of the ex-JWs around Portland. September and October will be fairly busy for me, but
    maybe in November I can arrange to have folks out for dinner. I live about 30 miles north of Portland along the Columbia River. The scenery is very peaceful and relaxing, and we'd all have lots of time, space and privacy to chat.

If it turns out to be difficult for folks to come out here, perhaps we can arrange a meeting in Portland somewhere.

Please forgive me for this unexpected last-minute change of plans.

Ginny

P.S. Alan: I'm as snug as a pug in a rug. Beau-Beau sends his regards and wants to know when he may warm your lap again.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

To those of you who donated to Sail for the Cure--

Thanks from the KraZy Bull crew!

The day was glorious:

The event raised over $8,000 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation and breast cancer research.

Next on the agenda is to get you Portland folk up to Columbia City for dinner. My parents will be coming out to Oregon for a visit in October, so I'm thinking maybe sometime in November? We may even be able to lure Wasasister down from Seattle. If you're interested, please keep in touch by e-mail: [email protected].

Ginny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit