Do You Think That You Might Turn Back To Jehovah?

by Englishman 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I generally try to avoid witnesses. But if I was asked that question, I would say do you really want to open that can of worms? I've been out since 83, free since 83, I wouldnt want to be recruited by a baptist scientologist christian, morman, 7th day adventist pentecostal, catholic etc. Why would I give up my freedom for hypocracy and deciet?

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have thought about this before, and decided that if I did, it would be when I took my current self and took away all rythme and reason, when I decided it was more about show then truth and when I accepted that belief in something was not as important as just doing something to please others. Now, since I am not allowing those factors to happen, I would say, "No, I do not plan to ever return." I do like to keep an eye on them though, as I think they are starting to see that their end is in site, just not the end of the system ... end of growth!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I think Java and Prisca are right on the mark.

Also, if I thought Jehovah God was backing the WTS and all that it stands for, I'd have to say "no." However, since it's obvious to me and to many more people than the WTS boasts of as their number of members that the WTS and all of its teachings and practices could not possibly be backed by an omnipotent and all-knowing deity, then I'm not the one that needs to be turning back to that omnipotent and all-knowing deity.

Hiya, Englishman! Good to "hear" from you! Just my 2 cents.

Frannie

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

This has come up several times with my sister and mother. I always tell them that there is a difference between leaving Jehovah and leaving the Watchtower organization and that I have not left Jehovah. Then I always emphasize that I have as much faith in Jehovah and Jesus Christ as I ever did. I make sure to include Jesus in that statement.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was actually put in this position once by my overbearing aunt (the wife of my CO uncle). I was setting on the edge of another aunts bed. She was under heavy sedation because my uncle (brother of the CO) had just been killed in an auto accident. Several JW fam members were gathered around. I had been DF'd some months before. I was tearfully holding Aunt Junes hand and Aunt Overbearing Maggie came up behind me and said "it would be wonderful if you came back to Jehovah's organization and could be there when Uncle Ed is resurrected". I turned and looked her straight in the eye and said in a calm, firm, voice, "I will never go back to that nonsense". It was like I had thrown a glass of ice water in her face. In the 25 years since I have often wondered how many who heard my comment, either first hand or repeated later, have considered what I said and thought to themselves, maybe it is all "nonsense".

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Proverbs 26 v 11 - As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Alpheta, where did you dig this up from? Good old threads never die, they mature...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit