Public opinion on the issue of Iraq???

by Celtic 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

On a MSNBC special they were interviewing the elder George Bush and he said the reason that they didn't go there is because they would be a foreign force occupying the country.

LOL!!! And we would never do that would we! (Germany, Japan, Korea, Panama etc..etc..etc..)

• seawolf
    seawolf
    LOL!!! And we would never do that would we! (Germany, Japan, Korea, Panama etc..etc..etc..)

hehe. I'm pretty sure it was a "Headliners and Legends" episode on Saddam Hussein.

Here's a quote of his from a speech...it's a bit different but more or less the same:

He said he relied on those same principles when defending the United States policy not to invade Baghdad in the Gulf War. My decision to move forward with Operation Desert Storm was in an effort to drive Iraq out of Kuwait, not Saddam Hussein out of power. He explained, Driving Saddam out of power would have been impractical because the United States would have been alone in that job and become an occupying force with no easy way out.
    http://www.neurosurgery.org/aans/bulletin/spring99/features/meeting.html

Edited by - seawolf on 10 September 2002 18:11:45

• siegswife
    siegswife
    But the flaw here is the assumption that the Iraqi people like Hussien and Want him

Let's look at this comment for a minute. I think the past presidental "selection" in this country shows that the majority of the voting public don't like or want GW as president. Still, you would be hard pressed to find an American that would appreciate Iraq attacking the USA as a means of getting him out of office....

• Celtic
    Celtic

Thankyou Hilary Step for your true obsevation and everyone else for your views, you too Francois, appreciated.

Mark Price

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

As someone mentioned earlier, man WILL DOMINATE MAN TO HIS INJURY. One simple bible truth thats been proved over and over. What's all the extreme FEAR for anyway? God is in total control. NOT ONE THING WILL COME TO PASS WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL.

Francois you sound worried that these madmen will take over the world. Yeah it would suck digging ditches for some dictator, or worse being killed by a fanatical regieme. But in the light of eternity, SO WHAT?

Check out these passages: Psalms 76:10- "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain." Daniel 4:17 "to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the Kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men" then vs. 35 "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to HIS WILL in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say to him What doest thou?" Romans 11:36 "For of him, and through him, and to him, are ALL THINGS"

Very different from WTS theology wich teaches satan is in control. No, im not a passivist, and not a liberal. We do have a responsibility to defend our families and country when seriously threatened or invaded as i said before. And for as many people that praises us for being their POLICEMAN, there are equally as many people who curse us to our very face, for destroying thier lives. Just depends where you live, and what your nationality is.

I have several relatives who are or where U.S. servicemen, and they will tell you we had no business in Korea, or Viet-nam. Especially the latter. What good did Viet-nam do? The country is completely communist now, and we lost 53,000 young men and women. Im sure 20 pages could be written explaining the diplomatic problems and red tape that caused the outcome, but the saddest part is it seems no lessons were learned. Communism being the reason in the past is just replaced by a face like saddam. We have so many troops in other countries right now, i doubt we could fend off an invasion should there be one. Yep, Saddam is a madman, and they'll be 5 more to take his place when he's gone. I say let each country solve its own problems. The U.N can go strait to hell as far as im concerned. (and probably will) nuff said.....

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Amen sandigger! I will not go to the satan/ god thing but I do agree that Sadam and Terrorism have replaced our anit-communism war. I speak daily with many people in my community. My customer base runs from small biz owner to multi million dollar guys. Asians and people of all backgrounds- most common thought from these guys- Bush is a "war" president and is inept at dealing with domestic issues. 9-11 was a god-send to this man. He has to keep it going to have even a sliver of hope to get a second term in the white house. If he had of been smart he would have let Gore have it in 2000 and ran in 2004- I believe that- thank god- he will be a one term prez like his war dad.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit