does anyone have the answer?

by ness21 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I don't think anyone really knows what God knows, I don't think we are suppose to know. I think that if we are good people and love God he will love us. I think some people have a need to belong to a group to feel they are serving God. I am personally debating between Buddhist and Jewish. There are things I like about both. The Jewish religion does not believe you have to convert and believe only what they do to be a good person. I like that Idea. You just have to live your life as a good person. Do not murder, love your neighbor, etc.

• patio34
    patio34

Re: does anyone have the answer?

Er, what's the question?

Pat

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    has anybody found what they think is "the truth" since coming away?

Is the question.

HS

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks, Hillary, for the question. Have I found the answer to "what is truth?" as Pilate said. Yeah, but certainly not in any religious sense, which is what I think the thread is fishing for. It seems to me that it drives everyone crazy because they're looking for answers in religion, which is thoroughly unproveable and mixed-up. But only theists do that. Atheists deal with the physical, so I'm not worried about religious truth; imo that's an oxymoron.

Pat

• mamashel
    mamashel

The one truth that you need to know for yourself is that the JW teaching is a complete lie!. I suggest you read the bood Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. This book really helped me find the answers I needed. I was in so much fear of leaving the organization that I could not sleep at nigt, and I was sick on a daily basis. This will really break it down for you and prove how their theories are false. Once you see for your self that it is not the truth, you can have peace within yourself and find the answers for yourself. But just for the record, Jesus Christ is the Way the TRUTH and the life!!!!

Best wishes in your search.

mamashel

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Ness21

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit