does anyone have the answer?

by ness21 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ness21
    ness21

i was brought up in "the truth", i have the odd bible study now and again, funny enough the last time was a week after 9/11, as im still subconsciously in fear of armageddon, but i haven fundamental problems with some of their teaching, hence my joy at finding this site. i also used to think armageddon was coming at the sight of the smallest storm. . has anybody found what they think is "the truth" since coming away?

• da_luvvin_bruvva
    da_luvvin_bruvva

Welcome ness21

You, me, and the rest of the luvvin bruvvahood either felt, or still feel that way to some extent.

You want the Truth?.................The whole Truth?.....................The only real Truth?

Read John 14:6

Any questons.........look me up....

DLB

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Sometimes the only truth I know of...we all die. Now on the surface while some might consider that a negative statement, it's about the only real truth I acknowledge...other than coming to grips with how humanity has been lied to since man figured out a way of "controlling" the masses.

Truth - accepting and being 'true' to oneself makes the difference.

Glad you found this site, too.

granny

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hi ness21 " has anybody found what they think is "the truth" since coming away?"

The whole concept of there being "the truth" is a witness related one.You can look for truth's, what is factualy true or false , but as to there being a truth, that probably doesn't exist.Also you don't need anything to relace watchtower teaching with, you may just jump out of the fire into the frying pan.

Do your research , which will help you see how flawed the teachings you were brought up with are.You have nothing to fear from the make believe armageddon.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Ness21: Initially, I found that the "truth" is not resident in an organizational religious system, but in a person - Jesus Christ. Jesus said of himself, "I am the way, the Truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through me." ... No organization is expressed or implied as having any function in the chain of command or in salvation.

That said, there are many things that have challenged my Christianity, including, but not limited to, the authenticity and accuracy of the Bible, Christian and Jewish history, science, and rational but brutally honest (truthful) thought processes ... all of which have caused me to seriously questioin the entire basis of God's divine plans for humanity ... the entire premise of Adam and Eve, sin, death, andf salvation have some into question ... so, I would say that the search for "Truth" is greater now than when I was a JW ... but ...

For JWs it is different ... because being a JW, one knows everything, and can fully trust the GB / FDS with their lives, because they have a corner on the market of all "Truth", and the GB / FDS love the Publishers so much that they would die for them ... holding their best interests at heart, the GB / FDS have become as a Father to a Child ... a Savior to the Saved ... a God to its Worshipers. ... yet ...

For People really interested in Truth ... the answers are not so plain or simple, or found with some unknows and unseen men running a printing and publishing empire ... rather, Truth is found in being totally honest, objective, realistic, humble, factual, and ever questioning ...

There are JWs who are searching, who are truly interested in "truth", not as a marketed system of thought labeled with "Truth (TM)", but for what "truth is in and of itself. It is these JWs that I believe are sincere, honest, and good people ... and give me hope that some of my close JW friends will evetually turn up to resume our friendship ...

• ness21
    ness21

thanks for you replies. my major problem is that i feel the world is going to pot, particulary the envirmonment, which of course was prophesized. also, if there is a god, surely he would make sure the bible was accurate? so, if there is a god, and he loves us, why are we living like this? and if armageddon is coming to fix it and there is a resurrection, i want to be there to see my brother. and i cant believe that when you die thats it, no more, else why would god make us? for a laugh? and if there is no god, and there is such a thing as evolution, how did space get there? and where does space end? etc etc.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

WELCOME NESS -- then there is queenie who does not know shit about nothing and not ashamed to admit it either--I am making progress however so bear with me..gota go and tend to taking my meds/have a bite to eat and can not wait to see what this BRAND NEW DAY has in store for the likes of ME and all these learning experiences I hear about on all these talk shows like OPRAH..QUEENIE can hardly wait for the day to start..((((HUGS)))) LINDA LOU aka queenie

• Crystal
    Crystal

The way I understand these scripures is we are ALL coming back and given a second chance.
    REV:20

4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    [5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    [7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    [9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    [10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    [11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome, Ness!

You sound like an intelligent guy and you have lots of great questions. Actually, they are probably questions we all have. I think Amazing's reply is worth another read. And another! The Truth is not out there, in an organization, but in your heart. God taught us that, through his son. When you find that mustard seed of faith, and it is there, I can tell by your post, nourish it slowly. Very slowly. Answers will come quickly, but won't make sense without faith in your heart.

Yes, the world is going to pot, but it has been since man inhabited it millions of years ago. Remember that...millions of years ago. With that history, I have faith that man will still be here that much longer.

You asked if there is a god who loves us, why are we living like this?? God loves us enough that he gave us choices to make. Right or wrong, they are OUR choices. I believe he saw to it that the Bible was created to guide us in those choices. I don't believe we are to understand it totally.

You mention a brother who has passed. My condolences. I have lost my brother as well. When things like that occur in our lives, we definitely struggle, and that struggle continues for a long time. But time and faith do heal. Slowly, but surely, if you hang on firmly.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This is a wonderful topic!

Unfortunately, as often happens with me, I've come too late!!

Anyway, Amazing's opening statement must be where we start from:

I found that the "truth" is not resident in an organizational religious system, but in a person - Jesus Christ. Jesus said of himself, "I am the way, the Truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through me." ... No organization is expressed or implied as having any function in the chain of command or in salvation.

And that's the key: an organisation cannot grant salvation.

The rest, as they say, is history! Your history, that is, for we all are faced with the eternal question: What is truth?

For many, Jesus IS the answer, but Ness, you will need to find that for yopurself. No-one can force you, nor can you gain it by studying a "Truth" book!!

But, by all means, read a lot. How about starting with a different translation of the Bible? Read its pages afresh. You might be surprised. I was.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit