Tennessee Aposta-meetup a success

by CC Ryder 46 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Everyone! Tink and I attended our first apostate meetup here in Tn. It was absolutely great. It is alot better to actually talk face to face with those you only imagine what they may be like in person. We had about 13 or 14 show up at Starbucks on Edmonson Pike. Bill Bowen rode down from Ky on his motorcycle with his young son. Joe and Barbara Anderson where also there. WorldlyGirl, Noidea her daughter and niece, recoveringexjw, Myself and her husband, and a few who have not yet been to JW.Com. We got here about 4:45 and Bill and Noidea where there already. By 5:30 everyone was there. Bill shared alot of things with us as to what he has been doing recently with Silentlambs. I would rather Bill tell you all so as not to miss anything. It was great meeting Barbara and Joe. She is very sweet and Joe is a very loving and kind man. Tink took a bunch of Pic's and when she gets up later she'll post them. Barbara and Bill shared alot of things with us concerning how the Pedophile Scandal evolved. Barbara also had told us alot about the inner workings of the WTS and alot of history. I am so overwhelmed from taking in all this info that my brain is like jelly..LOL. I'll be able to share more when I've had a few cups of Java. We stayed till about 9:00. Bill had left around 8:00 as he had a 140 mile commute back to his home in Ky. Tink and I were invited to visit at Worldly girls home afterwards and met her husband and a friend. She is such a sweet girl and her husband is a very nice guy. Thank you for your hospitality WG. You have gone through alot in your life, thank you for sharing it with Tink and I.

Bill,Barbara and Joe, Myself, Noidea, Recoveringexjw,Tim, John and his wife, it was fantastic to meet you all. Bill, Thanks so much for taking the time to drive to Tn. to meet with us. Barbara and Joe also had a long drive. Thanks so much to everyone! I hope I didn't leave anyone out. It was Great! Look forward to the next one.

CC

Edited by - CC Ryder on 8 September 2002 15:45:45

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

What?!?!?! No photos????

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Pom...Yeah we got plenty, but poor Tink doesn't do well with late nights....she's still a sleepy baby...LOL Very soon we will post all the Pic's we took..she'll be angry with me if I do it without her...LOL...I just wanted to get this thread started as a place to post the pic's..be patient their coming.

CC

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sounds like you had a great time. Isn't Bill great? He is such a funny, yet serious man, and Barbara and he can bicker like an old married couple. There must be 20 years difference in their ages, (Barb is older) but you would never know it. We sure enjoyed them, when they were camping with us in August 2001.

Looking forward to pictures!!

• Jesika
    Jesika

Glad to hear you all had such a good time. I can't wait for my next Apostofest.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Wish I was there, sounds like a good time !!

• myself
    myself

Mr. Myself and I had a great time too! He kind of sat back for a little while and just observed (typical behavior for him). He joined in after his observations LOL I think it has to do with his background. When we left he let me know how much he really enjoyed it. Maybe he will join us as a regular apostate

CC it was nice to finally meet you in person. Tink can't wait for the pics, but get your rest ( I haven't been up for too long, oh the luxury of sleeping in.) Joe and Barbara enjoy that Sunday paper! Tim it was so nice to meet you, enjoyed your experience and hope your wife maks it next time. Worldly Girl, so glad to see you again and wish I knew when we met before what our backgrounds were oooohhhh the fun we could have already had. Bill, what a great day for a motorcyle ride. Thank you for coming down and sharing your experiences with us. My husband hasn't seen so much from the internet side of it but has watched the news conferences and media coverage. He now understands even more so the importance of what you are trying to do (you too Barbara & Joe). John it was nice meeting you and your wife too. Recoveringexjw glad you were able to make it too, look forward to hearing about your covert experiences at the KH. Noi, I will see you this afternoon.

I had a great time and look forward to next month, if we don't do anything sooner.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hi everyone we're trying to upload the pic's we took. Strike9 is not coming up, it says that the server is busy. I've tried to load them from our family site but am having trouble. If anyone knows of another site to upload from we would appreciate some advice. Thanks and sorry for not being more prepared with the pic's.

CC

• noidea
    noidea

CC..

If you mail them to me I will try and post them I have a site that can host the pics.

• Tinkerbell4125

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit