Feeling pretty grateful right about now

by bigboi 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

Well, I guess u can say that I've dodged the proverbial bullet. Now only if I could've dodged that damn rim yesterday!

Yesterday at work a tire and rim application that I had been workin on came apart under about 60 lbs of pressure and smacked me right in the face. Luckily it only chipped my two front teeth and narrowly missed my right eye. It busted my bottom lip pretty good as well. I have about 22 stitches in all above my right eye. Anywhere from 8-10 inside the wound and 12 outside. Needless to say I'm not the handsomest thing walkin around right now. However, I am pretty grateful to be alive, with all the stories I've heard about guys really getting maimed when something goes wrong with one of these commercial tire apps.

Also it was great to hear all the genuine expressions of concern from all these ppl who hardly know me but heard about the accident. Just a few yrs bakk I probably would have been surprised at the level of genuine concern for my health that I experienced from these ppl, given my jw background and all. My fam too deserve much props in this regard. The real love I experienced after givin them the cold shoulder for some yrs was a true undeserved kindness. Ppl are far more than jw's are permitted to believe.

ONE.....

bigboi

Edited by - bigboi on 7 September 2002 1:11:31

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((bigboi)))) Glad that you came out of it alive.

Do you know why the application came apart under pressure? Will you be able to claim workers compensation (or whatever you call it in the States)?

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

You are so right bigboi,

All the crap JW's are fed about wordly people, just more lies from a sick cult. My goal is to not let their arrogant, self-righteous, hypocritical manner keep me from responding in a Christian way when another one finds their way out and needs help. Thank God for this site. I'm glad your mishap wasn't as bad as it could have been. Must have been "clean livin". Hope someone has insurance.

• larc
    larc

bigboi, I am very glad you survived your close call. Life is very uncertain, ain't it. I had a close call three years ago. I woman ran a red light, totaled my car, and missed killing me by about a half a second. Well, it is a blessing and a curse, as I see it. It is a curse to experience such accidents. It is a blessing to still be alive.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Prisca,

Do you know why the application came apart under pressure? Will you be able to claim workers compensation (or whatever you call it in the States)?

Yeah, this was on a piece of equipment that had not been in use for a while. It's one of these huge mowers that the com. uses to cut vacant lots. There was no need to use it past 3 yrs or so because our area had been experiencing a drought. Well, this yr rain is back to normal and the grass is growing abundantly and the time was right to put it bakk in use . I was under the mistaken impression that the tire was already deflated. I wil be able to claim workers comp. One of my supervisors actually accompanied me to the hospital and gave them full authorization.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Sloboy,

All the crap JW's are fed about wordly people, just more lies from a sick cult. My goal is to not let their arrogant, self-righteous, hypocritical manner keep me from responding in a Christian way when another one finds their way out and needs help. Thank God for this site. I'm glad your mishap wasn't as bad as it could have been. Must have been "clean livin".

Right on Sloboy. The jw's beliefs about ppl are just outright lies. Today I went bak to work to let everyone see that I really was ok and things were not as badd as they seemed. I had guys that I don't really deal with everyday come up to me and inquire about how I was feeling. One could see in their faces that they were worried about me and the relief I saw was genuine.

Larc,

bigboi, I am very glad you survived your close call. Life is very uncertain, ain't it. I had a close call three years ago. I woman ran a red light, totaled my car, and missed killing me by about a half a second. Well, it is a blessing and a curse, as I see it. It is a curse to experience such accidents. It is a blessing to still be alive.

This is about the severest injury I've ever had. I've never had a broken bone or anything like this happen to me before. It is blessing to still be here and to know that u have ppl around u that care about u. That's about all somebody can ask for.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Glad to hear you are alright. Hope you heal quickly.

kkluv

• think41self
    think41self

((((Bigboi))))

I'm so glad you are ok. You be more careful

Tracy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Bigs, glad you're alright man! I think the only reasonable response to this is for you to icepick every tire you get near, for the rest of your life. People will understand.

• Swan
    Swan

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened but so glad that it wasn't more serious. As bad as it was, a freak accident like that can have devastating consequences. You are so fortunate it wasn't totaly debilitating or death dealing. We are fortunate not to have lost you. Rest, heal, take your time, and get on the mend.

Z

Tammy

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((Bigboi)))))))))

It's gonna take more than a damn mower to take you out, Big.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit