by Mulan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sharon McDaniel Kennedy

January 27, 1942 - September 6, 2001

(we called her "The Rose", affectionately,
    because of the Biblical Rose of Sharon)

The Rose (by Amanda McBroom)

Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed.
    Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.
    Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need.
    I say love, it is a flower, and you it's only seed.

It's the heart, afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance
    It's the dream, afraid of waking, that never takes a chance.
    It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give.
    And the soul, afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
    And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,

Just remember in the winter , far beneath the bitter snows,
    Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes.....The Rose!

Edited by - mulan on 6 September 2002 14:4:27

Edited by - mulan on 6 September 2002 14:9:34

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((Mulan)))))))))))

what a beautiful lady she was, inside and out.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Death is still such an enemy.

j2bf

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mulan,

Yes I remember thinking what an extraordinarily beautiful picture. I don't know why you posted it without going back, isn't it a picture of a very special, person who died?

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had to go back, and edit the post, to resize the picture.

Sharon was my cousin, my best friend, and my childhood playmate. In the last years of her life, she saw the truth about JW's, and was disfellowshipped for talking to her mother about it. It was a crime, how that was handled. I still can't believe they did that to her, the most moral person I have ever known.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

((((Mulan))))

(Good looks run in your family.)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

What a wonderful way to remember "the Rose" by, she has such kind eyes in that picture. Sorry for your lose Mulan, my mother died 17 yrs ago on Sept.15.... I may use your idea and post a picture of her. I think that is a great idea, and I am sure if Sharon could see it, who knows she might , she would be touched. Hugsssss Dede

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((((((((((MULAN))))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful woman, with a heart as beautiful to match.

You can see the good soul in her eyes. I know you must miss her so very much.

Go somewhere quiet today.....and talk to her....as if she were "not so far away".

She may not be....

Love and Light,

Sentinel/Karen

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Mulan what a beautiful cousin. She was beautiful. Isn't is wonderful when you have beautiful memories of a person you loved so much. Growing up as children makes the memories even sweeter. Oh the carefree days of childhood and then to grow up and becoming best friends. You were certainly blessed with her short stay on this earth.

When days are sad and rough think of all the good things you shared and I am sure you will have a smile in your heart or a tear or two in your eyes, and when you look at a beautiful rose or smell the fragrance of that beautiful flower you body and mind will become serene and your mind will travel to times of carefree days of yesterday.

All my love Mulan

Orangefatcat.

• Princess
    Princess

I miss her. I went back and looked at what you posted after her memorial. I thought this was worth posting again.

"If I had my life to live over...
    I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...
    I'd relax. I would limber up.
    I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
    I would take fewer things seriously.
    I would take more chances.
    I would take more trips.
    I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
    I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
    I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

If I had it to do again, I would travel lighter next time.
    If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
    I would go to more dances.
    I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
    I would pick more daisies."

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks, Rachel. I forgot about that one. Tatiana from this board sent it to me, when Sharon died.

It's kind of a hard day. I feel really drained, and no energy. Maybe it's because it's the anniversary of her death, or the silentlambs thing we did yesterday, or talking late (not real late though) with Bruce and Dorian, but I feel less energy today than usual. I can't stop thinking about her.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am anticipating adding a #7 to my age. Grrrrr. 57, isn't what I had planned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit