ONE MORE ISSUE ON IRAQ

by Yerusalyim 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing
    Just to be fair, do you have talent on loan from God?

Oh yes, and with half his brain tied behind his back, just to make it fair to the opposition. I love Rush. He is to the airwaves, as Farkel is to JWD. I mean that in a good way, for Rush is a genius of parody, and Farkel is a genius of humor.

Edited by - Amazing on 8 September 2002 22:17:25

• Farkel
    Farkel

Realist,

: did the US intervene in the middle east first or the arabs in the USA???

That's a red-herring. There is no excuse for what the terrorists have done to our civilians on our own soil.

I won't call you an "asshole," because I don't want to be accused of being too nice.

Farkel

• Realist
    Realist

fartel:

ok lets take this slowly so that even you can follow...the US got involved in the middle east long before the golf war. the arabs didn't asked them to show up there. they were and are not welcome on arab soil!

the US has delivered weapons to isreal which were used to attack and kill civilians. isreal could not act as aggressively against the arabs without US help.

the US bombed tripolis, as well as sudan and other places. they did so clainming they wanted to kill terrorists. however they showed NO hard evidence that would allow such actions.

over all the US involvment cost many more civilian arab lives than the terrorist attack on the WTC.

got it fartl?

• logical
    logical
    Saddam is manipulating the rest of the world into thinking he is some sort of Martyr. Poor Saddam!

Must we remind everyone that he is an opressive, murderous dictator who lusts for the power to control or destoy the entire region that his counry is in? Sure, a peaceful solution would be nice, but what are you supposed to do when he refuses and has been refusing for years to comply with agreements that he made to be inspected for production of weapons of mass destruction?

Ok, this does have to do with oil, but what happens when Saddam gets the kind of power over the region that he lusts for and controls much of the world's oil supply? Is that a good scenario? Furthermore, he has given the world every indication that he is an aggressor and will stop at nothing to get the power and influence that he desires.

He has murdered his own people. We have dealt with people like him before, people like a certain german dictator who tried to take over Europe in the late 30's and early 40's. They are cut from the same cloth.

Amazing how if you substitute all "Saddam" with "Bush" it makes more sense

• LB
    LB

As long as it makes sense to you logicial. That's all that matters.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Time for this little bird to fly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit