"It bit me in the bum"

by Mimilly 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

The JWs think they are special and deserve special attention. My partner is always saying that "special" means "retarded"...I rest my case!!

BLESS THE BEAST!!

-Fire

• Mutz
    Mutz

In the UK if an owner has displayed Beware of the Dog signs it is taken as an admission that the dog is dangerous. Subsequently if it bites anybody the owner can be held responsible for not controlling a dangerous animal.......still I bet she thought Jehovah would protect her like Daniel in the Lions Den or some such sh*te. :-)

• TR
    TR

I agree with cruzan. Why did the dipfrick go in the back yard??? I never did that. If they weren't in the front yard or answering the front door, I went on my merry way, to annoy yet another "worldly" person.

TR

• frogit
    frogit

six-year-old Labrador-German shepherd cross named Boss

Never go near a Dog that is cross!!!!!!!!

frogit

• Satanus
    Satanus

Umm...Isn't bum a bad word for a dub to use? Does it bring honor or reproach on the name of jehovah, and his unerversal sovereignty? I did a search for bum on my 97 wt library cd, and that word was not used for a body part even one time. Therefore, i conclude that it is not part of the approved theocratic language.

SS

• Scully
    Scully

I just read the article in its entirety here:
    http://www.canoe.ca/WinnipegNews/ws.ws-09-06-0007.html

and noticed something that wasn't mentioned in the earlier edition:

Friday, September 6, 2002
    Dog saved from death after attacking minister
    By TAMMY MARLOWE, COURTS REPORTER

A dog that bit a Jehovah's Witness minister in the buttocks and leg as she approached a North End home has been spared a death sentence by a Winnipeg court.

"For a lady that's been going door to door for I don't know how many years and still hasn't learned to look for a 'Beware of Dog' sign -- I don't know what the lady was thinking," Piotr Skawinski, the dog's owner, said earlier this week.

On Tuesday, provincial court Judge Marvin Garfinkel dismissed a rare discretionary application by the City of Winnipeg to destroy Boss, a six-year-old Labrador-German shepherd who bit Ethel Mannetje -- a longtime Jehovah's Witness minister -- on June 15.

Mannetje took the stand during the hearing and detailed the incident in court.

She said she'd been going door-to-door doing "Bible education work" when she decided to visit the Young Street home of Skawinski, his common-law wife and their young son.

Mannetje testified she walked into the back yard and was suddenly confronted by a dog.

"I didn't see him coming ... I turned around and then he bit me. He knocked me down and bit me in the bum," she said.

CHUNK OUT OF LEG

Boss also took a two-inch chunk out of Mannetje's left leg, which required skin grafts to repair. She spent 17 days in hospital and used morphine to ease the pain.

Skawinski told court he has two visible "Beware of Dog" signs in his yard. He also said Boss has never bitten anyone before.

"For the court to put my dog to sleep because he was in his own boundaries and somebody stepped into it, not paying attention, I think that's just bad," he told Judge Garfinkel.

Garfinkel agreed to spare Boss's life.

A Jehovah's Witnesses official declined to comment on the issue yesterday, saying further legal action is being contemplated.

Mannetje was not available for comment.
    ----------

A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS OFFICIAL DECLINED TO COMMENT ON THE ISSUE YESTERDAY, SAYING FURTHER LEGAL ACTION IS BEING CONTEMPLATED.

So the WTS is willing to help this woman - who was USING HER FREEDOM OF RELIGION to TRESPASS on the PRIVATE FENCED AND GATED BACK YARD PROPERTY of people who are no better than "birdseed" to the average JW, where there are TWO CLEARLY POSTED "BEWARE OF DOG" SIGNS - pursue legal action against the householders??

Yet, they will not spend a frikkin dime to secure the release of the four Filippino women who were abducted during an alleged door-to-door preaching work disguised as Avon sales calls??

Yet, they will not spend a frikkin dime to help a bereaved JW family sue doctors who allegedly handled a woman with a bleeding disorder with such incompetence that she died??

Yeah, they really CARE about their followers all right. </sarcasm> They care even MORE about their cash flow, and making sure those books and magazines get out there and that the "donations" for which pour right back into their coffers.

They totally disgust me.

Love, Scully

• Swan
    Swan
    "It bit me in the bum"

What a coincidence! I said the exact same thing about my involvement with the WTBTS!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit