"It bit me in the bum"

by Mimilly 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

POSTED AT 3:06 AM EDT Friday, September 6

You reap what you sow

Canadian Press

Winnipeg

A dog that bit a Jehovah's Witness minister after she ignored "Beware of Dog" signs has been spared a death sentence by a Winnipeg court.

Piotr Skawinski, the dog's owner, testified he had two visible warning signs up the day that Ethel Mannetje walked into his back yard.
    He also said his six-year-old Labrador-German shepherd cross named Boss has never bitten anyone before and is good with children.

"For the court to put my dog to sleep because he was in his own boundaries and somebody stepped into it, not paying attention, I think that's just bad," Mr. Skawinski said.

"For a lady that's been going door to door for I don't know how many years and still hasn't learned to look for a 'Beware of Dog' sign I don't know what the lady was thinking."

Judge Marvin Garfinkel agreed and dismissed a rare discretionary application by the City of Winnipeg to destroy the dog.

Ms. Mannetje told court that on June 15 she was going from door to door doing bible education work when she went into the back yard of the Skawinski home.

"I didn't see (the dog) coming," she testified. "I turned around and then he bit me. He knocked me down and bit me in the bum."
    Boss also took a chunk out of Ms. Mannetje's left leg, which required skin grafts to repair. She spent 17 days in hospital.

edited to get rid of html stuff

Edited by - Mimilly on 6 September 2002 9:11:58

Edited by - Mimilly on 6 September 2002 9:14:21

• minimus
    minimus

There was a letter a few years ago to the elders regarding JW's going to homes with no trespassing signs or beware of dog signs. If a JW decided to still go there, they were on their own.....I think the dog should be rewarded with some more JW bum.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

LOL!

((((Mimilly))))

Thanks for posting that. I think it's pretty amusing considering how arrogantly/ignorantly some of these dumb dubs are when it comes to door-to-door work. I guess they think they are above anybody's law. LOL, that dumb dub got what she deserved.

• Scully
    Scully

Mr. Skawinski, the dog's owner, also testified to having witnessed his dog licking its privates for three hours following the altercation, in an attempt to get the taste out of its mouth.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 6 September 2002 9:13:17

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

LMAO @ Scully. That was soooo bad!!!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

LOL Mimilly

BTW: The first thought that crossed my mind when I read the title of your thread was that it was about your visiting racoons

An adorable surprise tonight....

Edited by - angharad on 6 September 2002 9:28:26

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'll never forget something that happened when I was a teenager out in service. A friend of mine running back to the car with a little dog chasing him, he ran right into the car without stopping. We had the doors open to keep cool in the summertime. That was so funny, especially the expression on his face.

I can remember the fun things so well.

Ken P.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Undecided - I don't think this woman will think of this experience as fun. That being said - she deserved it.

Now where was Jehovah! Why wasn't he protecting her! Gosh, golly and gee. I'll bet she never goes near a house with a Beware of Dog sign now!

Mims

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

roflroflroflrofl!! What an image that plays in my head ...watchtowers flyin everywhere, polyester Little House on the Prairie dress getting ripped to shreads. Im sorry she got bit and hurt like that, but dang girl...WHAT were you thinking?? I never went into anybodys BACK yard if they didnt answer the door unless I SAW them standing there.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Common sense and a large bookbag - obviously she left home with neither. I'm really sorry she was hurt, but the first rule I learned going out in service was to never NEVER go into a yard with a "Beware of Dog" sign unless I rattled the gate and called out a few times to find out if it was Cujo or Fred Basset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit