LATE-BREAKING NEWS-ORLANDO PRESS CONFERENCE-SL

by abbagail 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
    abbagail

Coincidentally, when searching the Orlando Sentinel's site just now, they had two articles regarding the APATHY of Central Florida residents to "activist" causes. (Nothing to do with Silent Lambs, however). Merely FYI...

When activists speak, few find time to listen

Dan Horowitz believes so passionately in grass-roots activism -- in the concept of residents banding together to change the world -- that he has made activism his profession. Horowitz, however, no longer makes Central Florida his home. Three years ago, after struggling to rally residents in the name of education, diversity, peace and the environment, Horowitz left his Orlando home and moved to Atlanta.

...and...

New Orleans activists yell rather than beg

The group, called All Congregations Together, or ACT, is a major part of why New Orleans stands out as an oasis of civic activism at a time when grass-roots groups are struggling in places such as Central Florida It's also a model for a growing group of Orlando churches, called FOCUS, that is also tired of seeing residents sit on the sidelines.

My opinion? It's the Central Florida REPORTERS & MEDIA who are APATHETIC! Bro W had contacted and spoken to and/or faxed info to 10 or more local TV stations and newspapers. And, as already written, only Fox showed up from the numerous TV stations; and then the Orlando Sentinel's religion reporter came as well; neither of which followed through with a report in print or on TV. :-(

Grits

Edited by - Grits on 6 September 2002 15:6:54

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL @ DoubleEdge!

(Big Wide Grin Now on GRITS' Face!)

Hey, you know, I never thought about John Wayne and that movie TRUE GRIT when I picked my forum name! Ha! How about that! Thanks for reminding me! ;-)

And thanks DE for the encouraging words!

I like your name, too: I'm assuming it refers to Hebrews 4:12?

Best/Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

One more thought while I'm on this page...

When the dubs rolled in and took down the fliers from the KHall front door, I wonder if that would have been considered "newsworthy" in the eyes of the media? Now that I think about it, too bad the reporters were not still around when the dubs showed up in their white mini-van!

(big wide grin replaced with wicked grin)

Grits!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WooHoo Grits ya did great!!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<patting Grits on the back>

Good job Grits. Fun wasn't it???

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thank Ya Thank Ya Thank Ya Kindly Lady Lee!!! You're a sweetie-pie!

Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

Helloooo Joy2b! Yes ma'am! It was "funner" than a day at the World's Most Famous Beach! :-)

Bro. W is the Top Man, 'cuz I forgot to mention this part of the story: One of the reporters had asked him in their questioning: "What do your elders think of your stand on this?" And Bro. W laughed and exclaimed, "They DON'T EVEN KNOW IT YET, but THEY WILL!!!"

LOL! That part was soooo cute! and funny!

Thanks again Joy2b!!!

Grits

• Dia
    Dia

Just bumping this up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit