WOULD A JW KILL IN THE NAME OF GOD???

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac
    How pacifistic is it to mentally kill

Very, considering that it doesn't involve violence and war.

outoftheorg -

The changing of doctrine is quite a bit different when it involves self-sacrifice or self-martyrdom than it is when it requires agression against other people and physically killing them especially when it is required of pacifists. I'm sorry that we disagree, but I surmise that it would be highly improbable that the majority of JWs would kill if told to do so by the WT. A small extremist faction maybe (similar to Muslims) maybe, but not the majority.

Gerard -

I'm not sure how your post is relevant.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Please reread my post.

It is not self martyrdom when the shunning is imposed by others on ones self nor is it self martyrdom when the refusal of blood or of organ transplants are imposed on children by their parents. Nor is it self martyrdom when the actions of others "shunning" causes the mental stress resulting in suicide by others. These policies are required and enforced by the wbts.

I did not state that the majority of jw's would kill if told to. I stated that some though not all would do so.

• SYN
    SYN

Some will, definitely. Probably the "lifers".

• Gerard
    Gerard

> Gerard - I'm not sure how your post is relevant.

JW cadavers on Malawi's soil know how it is relevant.

Gerard

• amac
    amac

outoftheorg -

Sorry for not reading your post thoroughly the first time. My reply was meant to be more general than directed at you and it was merely a continuation of my previous stance that JWs in general would not start killing at the request of the WT.

I did not state that the majority of jw's would kill if told to. I stated that some though not all would do so.

Again, my mistake and we are in agreement on this. Although I would take it even further to clarify that I believe only a small minority would.

Gerard -

JW cadavers on Malawi's soil know how it is relevant.
    No offense, but unless they are on this board, I guess it remains irrelevant. In fact, those poor cadavers would be perfect examples of how pacifist JWs are.
  • minimus
    minimus

It's interesting that when JW's went before draft boards, they would rather go to jail than be considered a pacifist.

• amac
    amac

It's interesting that when JW's went before draft boards, they would rather go to jail than be considered a pacifist.
    What does that mean? Going to jail instead of war is an ultimate display of pacifism. How they preferred to be labeled by the government is beside the point of their pacifistic behavior. I'm getting sick of the word pacifism so I will attempt to refrain from continuing this thread. It does not seem to be progressing anyhow.

• minimus
    minimus

PACIFISM PACIFISM PACIFISM.....I'm sick of it too! So DON'T bring it up again, amac.

• amac
    amac

One way to ensure that I bring up PACIFISM again is to say "DON'T bring it up again."

PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM

• Europe
    Europe
    One way to ensure that I bring up PACIFISM again is to say "DON'T bring it up again."

PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM PACIFSM

You'd better get the other half of your education Amac, it's clear you only went to Kindergarten!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit