Time to seperate the men from the boys

by roybatty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

THE RAMS!!!!!!!!

• roybatty
    roybatty

xan...yeah, playing football is more fun, except when you're 34 and need to get up and go to work the next day. Watching football alone...SUCKS...watching your team playing a rival...now that's fun. While I keep closer track of NFL teams, I'd much rather go to a good college game. Nothing is better than watching my beloved Bears crush the Packers but seeing an Illini vs. Bucheyes game, loads of fun.

Around here in northern Illinois it's an even split between da Bears and the fudge Packers. When they play each other, it's nuts around here. Yeah, it's only a game but that's the whole point. It's something to enjoy at the moment.

Bee...lol...cheering for the wrong team. I coach my son's youth tackle team and I'd say half the time the cheerleaders are cheering for the opposing team. Cracks me up.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well..Im torn now Batty...I was a Bears fan for 45 years and now have to have SOME allegiance for the Fins seein as Im down here...(so sorry we kicked your bootay in preseason nyuk nyuk) But it gets really lonely down here when the Jets are in town. Half the freakin state is from New Yawk and the bars become VERY er...lively when those two clash. Waiting for the FINS to beat the Jets is like waitin for the Cubs to take the pennant...theres always NEXT season LALALALALALAAAAA

Loves

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Football... the biggest waste of air time since public access.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Boo hoo Elsewhere. I bet you watch Jane Austin movies instead of football on Sunday afternoons. :)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

roybatty says:

Bret Farve is the Anti-Christ.

It's Brett by the way, and I am sure you would not be complaining if the THREE TIME MVP and SuperBowl Champion were in a Bears uniform.

The Packers may not have won the division last season, but they have been a damn sight more consistent than the Chicago Bears have EVER been.

They have won more SuperBowls (you can argue NFL Championships which preceded SuperBowls, Bears got em there) and have had a history of GREAT quarterbacks, including Bart Starr and Brett Favre.

The Bears have had Walter Payton and Gale Sayers, enough said about running backs, but right now the Packers corp has been a more consistent team.

I foresee the Bears falling off this season, with a more difficult schedule and other teams now gunning for them.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Thanks for the spelling lesson Reborn. I'll make a note of that. I really need to spell check my posts better. :)

Regarding the Packers and why they suck. Reason one, they're from Wisconsin. Reason two, Packer fans wear those stupid cheese-heads and think they're sooo funny. Reason three, they're from Wisconsin. Comparing the Packers to the Bears, who had the greatest team of all time? Da Bears. The '85 Bears are the greatest of all time.

I will admit (even to my 11-year old son who's an apostate Packers fan) that if the Packers can get Terry Glenn (sp?) to show up, they might have a shot at scoring against my deloved Bears.

• teejay
    teejay

AMERICA'S TEAM!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

YAAAY! Locker Room Scenes.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Joelbear.

Reborn, it's nice to see you! We haven't connected in ages!!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that my list of Dreamboat Commentators and Joelbear's list would be a *touch* different.

LOL @ Elsewhere. You should be ale to catch a game of cricket on Pay Per View if you're vigilant. LOL

Lisa

1st Down Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit