Green Bibles

by kenpodragon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• montag
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I found my old green bible after not seeing it for a long long time. It's all moldie and the pages are stuck together. I found it in the trunk of an older car I use to drive thats been in sorts storrage for years. It was wedged under the spare tire.

I remember my first green bible when they first came out. geesh don't remember how old I was.

Everyone was making a big deal out of the NWT though I remember that. Everyone anticipating it's unveiling and how it was suppose to be the most acurate or closest translation to the original greek.

I HATED it. Didn't want it. I wanted the black one with the gold leaf around the egde of the pages and the little black tassel.

I got stuck with a green one.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 4 September 2002 2:29:12

• dsgal
    dsgal

I remember those Bibles well.It was so embarrassing to pull it out at the doors and read a scripture.I wonder who's stupid idea it was to make them green?

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

We were given one, I guess the giveee thought it was a special gift. I think it was green so it would stand out as different, like them. Reminds me of the insides of a squashed grasshopper.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Remember the purple covers? I know some exes that call that the purple people eater. I called the green cover the New World Distortion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit