Green Bibles

by kenpodragon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I have always wondered something, what was up with the hard cover green bibles? I ask, as it just seemed weird to me to have a Bible with this kind of cover. They always seemed to be everywhere too ... the new studies always had one. I know that color green, and I would never paint or wear anything in that green. YUCK

Did no one ever tell them that this is a bad color for a Bible? If there is a hell, it will involve looking at those green Bibles for eternity.

Just wondering

• minimus
    minimus

I remember JW's being proud of that ugly green Bible....they were so unlike the world.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh, yes, the green bible was the thing to have.

You were immediately identified as one of Jehovahs Witnesses by your hideous green bible.

I still have a few.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I know! ewwwwww. That and the purple greek interlinear and the pink songbook! gross.

• minimus
    minimus

ahhhh but do you remember the HUGE GREEN BIBLE with all of the footnotes and cross-references? Boy, those were the days!

• LDH
    LDH

Kenpo, I think you will enjoy the above thread.

Lisa

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Lisa

I always figured they chose the color based on what was cheapest to make. Although, I should have thought about advertising ... since that is my business trade.

They should put rainbow stickers on their bumpers and say they are a group of many colors. Of course, if they knew what a rainbow sticker meant, they wouldn't!

Thanks for the above info.

Take Care

Dragon

• neyank
    neyank

Everyone HAD to have the green bible.
    At least for awhile.

And then they came out with the black ones.

Funny thing is, once the black ones came out,no one used the green ones anymore.

I remember going to a meeting one time and I couldn't find my black bible so I brought my old green one.
    I couldn't believe the looks I got.

It was like I was being blasphemous (spl?) for not having a black one.

Abd yet, for years they insisted that everyone use the green ones.

Strange indeed.

neyank

• VM44
    VM44

I always liked the dinosaur inside the front cover of the green Bible. --VM44

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Green Bibles...haven't seen one of them in years...I remember them well....we must be getting old.

I remember when the black deluxe bibles came out...only my mother had one...we all had to make do with our 'green' ones LOL.

They were hideous!!

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit