I hate thunderstorms....

by butalbee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I hate graveyards and old pawnshops, cuz they always bring me tears. I can't forgive the way they rob me of my childhood souvenirs.

I love thunderstorms.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Well, It was quite a fireworks display in the sky last night, the storm didn't actually hit us until after midnight, though. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be though, no high winds, just thunder/lightening and heavy rain, no hail. I did go down in my basement, saw a really big red spider, and decided, I'd rather take my chances upstairs...I hate spiders more than the t-storm. LOL@myself.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I love thunderstorms. I live in S. Florida and they are commonplace. Until the tree 14 feet from my house got struck by lightening last week. Scared the hell outta me. Ive never seen a light like that. I think maybe thats what happened to Saul on the road to Damascus!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LD, I grew up in S. Fla. and lived in Central FLorida for a time. The worst strike I encountered was late one night driving from Orlando to Clermont. Lightening struck a nearby lake. The flash was so bright, I had to stop the car and wait a few minutes for my sight to come back. I couldn't see a thing for about 10 minutes or so.

I definitely remember the S. Fla storms, though.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Is there anyplace on this planet that does NOT get T-storms? Or snow/cold? I might seriously think about moving there...

• Xander
    Xander

Better question (well, for me...):

Is there any place on this planet that gets T-stoms and snow/cold ALL THE TIME?

I mean, I'm just tired of all this sun. Really. Sunny days get my wife and I, like, uber-depressed. A nice, long, overcast week capped by some spectacular storms on the weekend will get us smiling again, but it's been, like, YEARS since that's happened.

Oh, sure, we get the occasional shower now and then, but they never last. Very depressing - it's too damn sunny here.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi BB,

My youngest daughter is afraid of lightening and spiders also. One afternoon my wife and her drove in the driveway and got out of the car about the same time that a bolt of lightening hit a big oak tree in the yard about 30 ft. from them. It split the tree and threw pieces across the road. It also blew out the TV, oven, and furnance and vaporized all the wire in the telephone line to the street and down the side of the house leaving a burn mark down the side of the house. My other daughter was on the phone, it didn't hurt her but she felt like it burnt her face.

Talking about spiders, one morning right before I was to get up I heard my daughter screaming in the other bed room, I thought someone had got in the house, I started to get my 45 but it was in the closet and I didn't want to take the time to get it, I would get them with my bare hands, so I ran in there and it was only a spider on the ceiling over her bed. I had to laugh at that one.

I love to sit on the porch and watch a thunder storm.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit