I hate thunderstorms....

by butalbee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've always loved thunderstorms. But the best part is before they come, and you can see the black clouds on the horizon. Dunno why, but it always made me feel safe inside.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, I LOVE thunderstorms!!! People almost have to drag me from standing outside to watch them. The more thunder, lighting and wind the better...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I can sleep like a baby in thunderstorms. I even open the window during thunderstorms so I can hear it better.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh yes! I love to do that too! Open the windows and doors and let the wind blow all through the house!

Those midnight storms are great! I love seeing the lighting light up the windows followed by the rolling booms of the thunder shaking the house.

Both exhilarating and relaxing for sleep. I love to wake up to the thunder and lighting in the middle of the night only to be lured back to sleep by it.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 4 September 2002 1:17:15

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Butalbee, I'm with you. I can do without the thunderstorms. That's the one thing I don't miss about living in Florida.

• heathen
    heathen

We could really use one of those here in texas right about now ,I just hate it when it gets so dry and you breath in clouds of dust seemingly.As long as I am at home and there are no tornados and hail brewing I don't mind a good thunderstorm.I just hate driving in that kind of weather or being outside at work ,no thank you.

• mustang
    mustang

We don't have them in Southern California (much, 2-3 a year); we have EARTHQUAKES!!!

We had a little one last night; I guessed the magnitude [4-5 bracketed the 4.6] and the location to w/in 10 miles, by 'feel'!!!

Mustang

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I love it when it hails, it means Ill be making some money!!!!!

• ugg
    ugg

i used to be terrified of storms....but not anymore....i just don't care about them...come what may!!

i live in a trailor with a metal roof,,,,so the sound effects are really loud!!! high winds,,,feel the trailor

shake,,,,am i scared?? nope....let it come,,,,,i don't care....

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ohhhhhh, I LOVE Thunderstorms!!! I love the sound of the rain and the wind, altho I don't like it when the power goes out. Course, the kids think it's cool to break out the flashlights and candles .

The BEST Tstorms are at the beach...man, I love sitting in front of a large window or out on the balcony, watching the waves and feeling the wind whip around me. Then bodysurfing after it passes is great as well. In fact, after a good storm is about the only time one is able to bodysurf in the Gulf of Mexico!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit