I hate thunderstorms....

by butalbee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

I really hate thunder storms, must admit. I try not to hide in my basement anymore though, shuddering in a corner, reading a book by flashlight waiting for them to pass. Unplugging all electrical applicances, telephone outlets, like a mad woman... Looks like we're gonna get one tonight, It's getting closer to us, as per weather.com. I can here LOT'S of thunder in the distance, so I guess it's just a matter of time. Yuck! I think it's cuz they are an act of God that can not be controlled, that is what worries me the most. Who know's where the lightening will strike, and I just had a new roof put on my house. Maybe it will pass...I hope.

• Xena
    Xena

I love thunderstorms....the rrrooollll of the thunder and FLASH of lightening....lights going out and you sit and watch the sky lighting up by the candlelight....uuummmm and a thunderstorm with someone special.....magic...just magic...

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I love thunderstorms too, except when they knock out the lights. The last three storms we had here in NC I lost power

• Solace
    Solace

Oh, I know what you mean!

Last night we had quite a boomer. I dont mind the rain and thunder but the high winds and lightening really freak me out!

• butalbee
    butalbee

It's getting closer, just saw the sky outside my office window light up. Thunder sounding closer too. Louder.

I wish I could be one of those fearless of a T-storm, unfortunately I think this phobia runs in my family. my grandma used to hide in a big walk in closet, my mom runs about the house collecting here values, which are her favorite bra and some documents. Yikes, another blast in the sky. I'm outta here..........

• musky
    musky

Last night , I stood outside the house and watched a storm. Lightening was awesome. Ran in when the rain started pouring down.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

My grandpa used to say if the leaves turned in the wind, a thunderstorm was surely headed our way.

My favorite is Tstorms in the evening/at night. It's an amazing audio-visual display of power. ...Plus chicks get really "clingy" during a big one.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I use to be afraid of thunderstorms in 1975 but I'm not anymore.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I would love to have some rain!!! Was woke up early this am by an earthquake!! Gotta love LA! :o)

• roybatty
    roybatty

Thunderstorms are the best. I love them at night as I lie on the floor in my living room...looking up at skylights watching the lightning flash and hearing the thunder roll in. Very cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit