Pack your bags - we're going on a GUILT TRIP!

by Scully 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

For field service:

"The angels are trying to direct you to interested ones" (assuming that someone is on bended knee asking for a JW visit)

Meetings:

"Missing a meeting is like pushing the plate away from you at Jehovah's table"

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

or

"the reason you fall asleep during prayer is because you dont do it enough"

Actually, the reason i would fall asleep during my nightly prayer is beause i was tired from homeschooling my two little chilren and regular pioneering at the same time!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    the reason i would fall asleep during my nightly prayer is beause i was tired from homeschooling my two little chilren and regular pioneering at the same time

That, or the prayer went on ad infinitum (like so many Dub prayers).

• Confucious
    Confucious

This is one I heard recently...

"How would you like it if three days a week, a friend made you dinner at his house and you didn't go."

• blondie
    blondie
    "How would you like it if three days a week, a friend made you dinner at his house and you didn't go."

Well, if I had to eat unclean food and threw up each time, I would stop going and warn others of the dangers.

Blondie

• Preston
    Preston

Wha!!!!!! Are you telling us that the society uses tactics to make us feel guilty. I can HONESTLY say I never felt guilty ONCE when I was a JW because I had nothing but SHEER JOY AND HAPPINESS every minute of my life as a devout dub preaching God's message from the rooftops and attending a spiritual banquet at God's table, through the WONDERFUL faithful and discreet slave!

(Murmuring from the JW peanut gallery) "That brother Preston is too happy... He's not having any problems becuase the devil's already got him" (actual JW argument)

(Brother Preston wallows in shame, wondering if he'll ever appreciate the spiritual integirity of that sister with the iron long in that WT or Awake! article)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit